Visualisation

Options
Hi All!

So, I've been on the weight-loss track for about 3 months now (only recently have started tracking calories on MFP though!), but I seem to have reached a plateau, and my weight loss has all but dried up. From reading the forums and speaking to the staff at the gym I attend, I believe I may be eating under the correct amount of calories. My first question would be 'How many calories should I be eating a day?' I tend to feel full for a lot of the day as it is, so upping my calories will be somewhat of a challenge for me - but if it means the weight-loss continues at a healthy rate, then I will give it a go!

My second question would be to ask, if possible, if you could provide some kind of example of just how much food is involved in the recommended calories? Just so I can visualise what the right amount of food actually is! I'm worried that, in order to increase the amount of calories I will just resort to snacking unless I have an idea of an effective way to increase the intake of calories!

Firstly, some info that you may, or may not, ask for:
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 183lbs
Exercise: Gym daily (1 hour of Cardio and some weights for 15 minutes or so)
Current Calories per day: Approximately 1500

Feel free to ask any other questions!
My thanks to you all

Replies

• monacienta
    Options
    Good Morning,

I new to MFP also so my question may be newbie like...but...What amount of calories did your MFP profile say you should have daily? Have you adjusted your weight on your profile in MFP? I had to adjust my wieight to my small weight loss and the calorie goal changed. Just asking:smile:
  • pranavian
    Options
    MFP suggested 1500-1600 a day but that doesn't take into account the daily exercise, that is just going on the assumption of day-to-day life - so I am worried that this level will be too low considering the exercise I do, despite it saying I have 'earned' more. I could be wrong, it just seems to be very low compared to what I am seeing around the forums and site in general!