Workout Schedule for lower body

Options
Hi,

I have a huge lower body as compared to my upper body in a very disproportionate way. I generally do 2 days of lower body weight training (Squats, lunges etc), 2 days of upper body weight training(biceps, chest, back etc) and 1 day of cardio(threadmill, elliptical, stepper board etc). When I exercise I easily and very fast lose fat on my upper body than lower half. My main focus is to reduce lower half (hips n legs). I understand there is no spot reduction and it has to be a overall body workout. Any suggestions or advice for the workout plan for a week if I plan for 6 days workout?

How would 3 days of lower body workout, 2 days of cardio and 1 day of upper body work? Or any alternative suggestions also welcomed..

Replies

• DostThouEven
    Options
    You have already said that you know there is no spot reduction, so you should know that adding more lower body work will not help. Just do a proper lifting routine for your experience level and goals and add in however much cardio you feel like doing.
  • Shalini_15
    Shalini_15 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thats right!! But nothing is helping and I am getting really desperate.. Plz advice...
  • Loftearmen
    Options
    Thats right!! But nothing is helping and I am getting really desperate.. Plz advice...

one day of squatting and one day of deadlifting is plenty of work for your lower body. Or you could also squat and then deadlift twice a week. If you train heavy you might want to split these into a high intensity/low volume day and a low(er) intensity/ high volume day. To really tell you what you need we'd need to see pics of your legs to determine how much of that extra tissue is fat and how much is muscle.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    My fat comes off my upper body before my lower as well. But it does eventually come off. It's just the very last place. You've got a lot of weight to lose. I wouldn't start complaining about "nothing working" until you've lost most of that.
  • Bubblegum200
    Options
    A quick and easy Exercise I enjoy is : Whilst sitting and watching TV: Your favourite Soap: On the bus:
    in the office etc:
    Sit with your legs in front of you: then swing them up a few inches in front of you:
    You should feel your stomach muscles, belly fat and waist, tighten instantly and draw in towards your back:
    hold and count to 5 or 10, then keep increasing. The weight should come off with your diet. Good Luck..
  • DostThouEven
    Options

Just keep losing fat and eventually it will come off from where you want it to
  • Shalini_15
    Options
    But it is not coming off at all and I am looking all the more fat :sad:
  • Shalini_15
    Options
    Anyone??