Cooking Fresh Green Beans

Options
2»

Replies

• wjrapp
    wjrapp Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Saute with olive oil or butter with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Simple and tasty!

This ^^^^ I use grapeseed oil or olive oil, minced garlic and sea salt....just until dark green and still crispy. I do the same with fresh asperagus...absolutely awesome!
  • triggsta
    triggsta Posts: 140
    Options
    Definitely roast them. I do this with almost all my veggies (I love it with broccoli and cauliflower but especially broccoli will stink up the apartment). It is absolutely DELICIOUS and makes me actually WANT to eat my veggies!

edit: I think one of the reasons I really like to do this is the simplicity. A tinfoil-covered pan means all you have to do to clean up is throw away the tinfoil! Plus, no standing around the kitchen... just pop them in the oven with a timer and you're good to go.
  • jrmommy23
    jrmommy23 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • flicka11
    flicka11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What I do is snap off the ends, and clean them in water. Then, there are a couple of different ways I like to prepare them. You can boil them, until they still have a bit a crispness to them, an eat them raw, or, you can put about a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, heat it up on medium, add the green beans, and if you like, some onion, a little bit of raw red pepper, water chestnuts, whatever you wish, and just add some salt and pepper to season. Another great way to eat them is cook them up in the olive oil, again, keeping them somewhat crisp, and add a bit of cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove into the pan, just a little bit of each. Very good!!!!
  • blinker86
    blinker86 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions, everyone! It's going to be hard to decide, but at least I have plenty of options now! :smile:
  • Mrswrp
    Mrswrp Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Definitely roast them. I do this with almost all my veggies (I love it with broccoli and cauliflower but especially broccoli will stink up the apartment). It is absolutely DELICIOUS and makes me actually WANT to eat my veggies!

edit: I think one of the reasons I really like to do this is the simplicity. A tinfoil-covered pan means all you have to do to clean up is throw away the tinfoil! Plus, no standing around the kitchen... just pop them in the oven with a timer and you're good to go.
    Bump