Man, I eat a lot!

Options
2»

Replies

• silverainn
    Options
    I usually log 25+ items, but I cook most of my meals and log spices (I use a lot of them).
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I log most things individually too. I counted and for what I've had and pre-logged today, it's 32 items. And I certainly eat plenty on most days!
  • jvillabona
    Options
    I do the same, it is easier to take the time to log the recipes of your most frequent foods so that later you don't have to log every item individually. This is specially helpful when you log in with your handheld devices :-)
    The recipe still will keep an accurate measure of sugars, fats, iron, etc.
  • seanmrogers
    Options
    Some of you might find it easier to save your recipe(s) and then you can simply add that to your diary. I found this to be an easy way to log everything.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I enter a lot of small things, or I enter parts of things individually- like, for breakfast I have oatmeal with almond milk, strawberries, egg whites, and chocolate chips all in it and I log them one-by-one.

I used to do that too, but I found the RECIPE area takes care of that. So for your above oatmeal, if you normally prepare it like that, in the same measurements, you can make that a recipe and it will calculate the calories per serving so you don't have to enter it every time. VERY cool feature.

Here is an example of a smoothie I do in the mornings. I used to have to enter this each morning individually, but I created this recipe. And since it makes three mornings worth of smoothies it automatically breaks it down to the calories and such in just the one serving I have. Check it out.

2013-02-19_14-46-24.png
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Usually, by the end of the day I've logged quite a bit, depending on what I'm cooking. Yesterday my evening meal had 14 items. I'm not logging as much as I used to as I've been ill for months and housebound, I'm not cooking but my partner does when he has the time but also some days I'm asleep until 2pm. Having said that my diary usually looks a lot fuller than most others!
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot too ;)