Options
    Not really sure what walnut oil is
    It is oil, taken from walnuts.

You are welcome.

hospital_zps55cd5e27.jpg
  • TrishLG
    TrishLG Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Animal fats will clog the arteries. You do not have to be fat to have high colesterol and clogged arteries.
    Better than olive oils is olives. Just as Mother Nature intended.
    Olive oil is the only oil that brings down the bad LDL and raises the good HDL. Other veg oils bring down both.
    Animal fats lower the good HDL and raise the bad LDL
    Thin people are not more stupid than fat people, so losing fat does not diminish brain capacity.
    Animal fat clogging the arteries will decrease oxygen to the brain and that will kill brain cells and make you stupid.
    Some fat people do not have high colesterol, but you should know your numbers.
    LDL
    HDL
    BP
    One interesting study said that decaf coffee increases colesterol, so stick to high test!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    lol I read the title as "Farts"...and I giggled.
    I am sooooo 5 years old sometimes.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    As for "FATS", I don't really track them much. I eat what I eat in a day and don't try to eat lower fat, nor do I add any in just to eat more fats.
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    good fats are important! some vitamins are fat soluble - vitamins A, D, E and K .. good fats like olive oil and nuts and some animal fat is important for your health so that you can absorb vitamins :) so they are worth the calories saturated fat from fried food and sugars = not worth the calories even through deep fried oreos are delicious..
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Depends on if I need more protein or more fat for the day to hit my macros. I'm all about the fat (50% intake)
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    When I am actively cutting I tend to not choose calories from sources like oil. When I am maintaining I am more likely to eat healthy fats
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    as long as i'm still getting all my protein and i'm hitting my calorie target it's all good.
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I don't know about walnut oil, but olive oil is around the same in terms of calories (120 or so per tablespoon) and I eat plenty of that. Healthy fats help keep you feeling full and will put off sweet/carb cravings. I wouldn't eat a tablespoon of oil over a piece of chicken, but I'd probably cook the chicken in some yummy olive oil :)
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i really only pay attention to calories and sugars. Fat is essential for skin and nerves
  • swolegirlcb
    Options
    Curious, when you see that for a tablespoon of say walnut oil (high in essential fatty acids 8.6g PUFA), but it has 120 calories in it does that cause you to rethink if you should add that into your diet? Would it be better or worse to add those calories into your diet? Would you choose a serving of chicken breast or the oil? Say you knew that by eating that oil it would put you over your calories would you abstain or would you say you know what I can afford the addition of vitamin E and heart saving oil.

Just curious there is no right or wrong answer.

The macronutrient breakdown of these two items is COMPLETELY different! 120 calories of pure fat vs 120 calories of chicken breast (high in protein, zero carb, low in fat).

Deciding whether or not to consume the walnut oil, should be determined by your macro nutrient goals, if you can fit it in then sure why not, but most people do not have diets high in fat and would not want to waste their calories/fat allowance on oil when they could consume more filling food.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I try to get all of my healthy fats and vitamins from foods so I don't need to just eat a tablespoon of oil... if that's what you're asking.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    def YAY. I keep my macros set at least 60% fat, more if I can get it in. I look for ways to add it in. Today, added 1/4 cup heavy cream and 1 TBS macadamia nut oil to my protein shake. Bumped it up to a lovely 55g fat.
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Fats, yay!

But your post seems to be vilifying fat by giving people the choice between a spoon of pure oil or a chicken breast. Of course people are going to choose the chicken, because it's more filling for a similar amount of calories, but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the oil.
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Fats yay, but I'd probably choose the middle route and use a teaspoon of oil to cook the protein (no chicken for me). I definitely wouldn't go over my macros for it when I could just plan how to incorporate it better the next day.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I have my fats set at 30% and go over almost every day! Gah; I try not to!

But no to the walnut oil.
  • Gettinyoung
    Options
    If corn oil comes from squeezing corn, and walnut oil comes from squeezing walnuts, and almond oil comes from squeezing almonds, does that mean baby oil comes from squeezing babies?:bigsmile:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: