Mac and cheese recipe

Options
kimel
kimel Posts: 56 Member
I am wondering if anyone has the Mac and cheese recipe from Prevention Magazine. The recipe has whole wheat pasta and cottage cheese, I lost the recipe and would love to make it again.

Replies

• Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Maybe this could be it:

Serves: Prep: 10min|Cook: 45min |Total: 55min

NOTE: Ingredients for a changed serving size are based on a calculation and are not reviewed by the author or tested. Please also consider scaling up or down cooking containers as needed.

* 6 ounces elbow macaroni (about 1 1/2 cups)
    * 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
    * 1/2 cup dry-curd cottage cheese
    * 1/2 cup skim milk
    * 1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute
    * 1/4 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
    * 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
    * 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
    * 1/4 teaspoon paprika
    * 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese

Alternate
    Tomato Macaroni and Cheese: Gently stir 10 halved cherry tomatoes into the macaroni mixture before adding the cheese sauce.
    Directions
    In a large pot of boiling water, cook the macaroni according to the package directions. Drain.
    Preheat the oven to 375°.
    Coat a 1-quart no-stick baking dish with no-stick spray. Add the macaroni and Cheddar. Toss to combine.
    In a food processor or blender, puree the cottage cheese, milk, egg substitute, hot-pepper sauce and 1/2 teaspoon of the mustard. Pour over the macaroni and stir to combine.
    In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs with the paprika, Parmesan and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon mustard. Sprinkle over the macaroni. Bake for 25 minutes.
  • AkAmber
    AkAmber Posts: 40
    Options
    Mac and cheese is one of those foods that I'm having a really hard time letting go of! I'm embarrassed to admit that I used to eat it about twice a week. I've been looking for a healthier recipe!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Mac & Cheese is one of my favorites as well. I'll have to try this recipe.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    tag

my DIL told me to take small curd cottage cheese and process till smooth. add some cinnamon, sweetner, and a dash of coffee if you have some. pulse for another moment.

I like to add 10 dark chocolate chips. Tastes like a good for you canolli:flowerforyou:
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    Does anyone know the calories on this though? I know it sounds low but pasta and cheeses can add up so quickly no matter if they are low fat or not! I'd love to iknow what the calories are, it sounds yummy!!!
  • kimel
    kimel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe, it looks very similar to the one I was looking for.
  • lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Options
    Looks good. I think I'll try it.
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump for later... thanks.