Please excuse my rant!!

Options
PeachyKeene
PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
I just feel I need to let it out so someone can hear it. I am sick and tired of the middle school drama here at my work. There is one group of girls that act like they are still in middle school. They talk about everyone that does or has something they don't agree with. It is like I am back in MS. Come on, live and let live! To each their own!! I can only imagine what they are saying about me behind my back. I just would like to know but really don't give a flying rats @ss about what they think, but just would like to know exactly what they think of me. They would, in the beginning(been here since July), let me sit and talk with them. Now they stub their noses up at me and pretty much don't even speak to me. One of them won't even look up at me. I don't talk about people, and I try to be the nicest person I can be. I don't think I said anything that could warrant this kind of treatment. But oh well. Sorry for my rambling rant, but thanks for listening.

Replies

• n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Do like Debbie did this week on Shameless. Hold her head under water till she pukes. Do it in front of her friends so they know not to mess with you either. Problem solved.
  • PeachyKeene
    Options
    Do like Debbie did this week on Shameless. Hold her head under water till she pukes. Do it in front of her friends so they know not to mess with you either. Problem solved.

bahaha, hmm maybe even in the dirty public bathroom toilet. awesome idea
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Lol, ohhh, that made me gag a little just picturing it. It's f'ing perfect.
  • PeachyKeene
    Options
    lol
  • TrishLG
    TrishLG Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have run into that Middle School Mentality. In Mental Illness that is called targeting. It is funny how many mentally ill behaviors spill over into the mentally healthy population. I am cursed with a bull of a sister-in-law like that. If she doesn't have any dirt, she makes it up, then forgets that it is based on a lie. I just had to shut her out of my life entirely. She has no class.

Print words of wisdom and secretly post them in the break room:
    Blowing out someone else's candle, really does not make yours any brighter.
    Targeting others with nasty lies just makes you more nasty.
    Some people must put others down to convince themselves they are higher than other.
  • PeachyKeene
    Options
    You are right,but it can be difficult to be the "bigger person". I am gonna definately start posting inspirational quotes, secretly. That is a great idea.
  • elliott82
    elliott82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    so been there. i swear some people never grow out of it. i actually found out two girls at work were emailing about how FAT i was (they justified that they were fatter by saying at least they were older and had kids). it still riles me up and that was four years ago. one of those girls was a perpetual liar...so much so that in the time i worked with her (at two different places), her dad died three times. never found out if he was ever REALLY dead.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Ignore the *kitten*, they'll get theirs :smile:
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Just the right amount of irony.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

Touché :laugh:
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    *This*

To hell with inspirational quotes, and touchy feely little "drop a hints" you do not like their behavior either ignore them and leave them to their world, or show them you aren't a girl they can push around. I'd go over and be like "Hey ladies what's up? Want to hang out?" Maybe they're nice people deep down and just catty on the outside, if they aren't nice you can give them a flushy outside of work and plead the fifth.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    This is typical of any workplace with too many women or even sometimes women in charge... we have a hard time keeping our emotions out of our work lives and sometimes that presents as petty gossip. Be thankful you don't know what they're saying. I used to work with 2 women that would talk about me behind my back in the cubicle next to me and clearly they had forgotten that I was in my 20's and had incredibly good hearing.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    We have an entirely female accounting department up three levels from me. Quite a few SAHDs...no drama at all. We LIKE each other. Go figure.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I just feel I need to let it out so someone can hear it. I am sick and tired of the middle school drama here at my work. There is one group of girls that act like they are still in middle school. They talk about everyone that does or has something they don't agree with. It is like I am back in MS. Come on, live and let live! To each their own!! I can only imagine what they are saying about me behind my back. I just would like to know but really don't give a flying rats @ss about what they think, but just would like to know exactly what they think of me. They would, in the beginning(been here since July), let me sit and talk with them. Now they stub their noses up at me and pretty much don't even speak to me. One of them won't even look up at me. I don't talk about people, and I try to be the nicest person I can be. I don't think I said anything that could warrant this kind of treatment. But oh well. Sorry for my rambling rant, but thanks for listening.

Sounds like it's more of an issue with yourself, dawg.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Ironic post is ironic.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I hope none of them have an account on MFP and run across this thread... because then I'm certain they will be talking behind your back.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

I was just about to point this out.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

+1 for Shameless.
  • Heitor71
    Heitor71 Posts: 224
    Options
    "Great minds speak of ideas, small minds speak of people".... find comfort in those words when you see immature behavior :)
  • Fedup23
    Fedup23 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just would like to know but really don't give a flying rats @ss about what they think, but just would like to know exactly what they think of me.

**double take** LOL

Hope you find out what you dont care to know. :P