What foods should I avoid for weight-loss?

Options
I don't know that much about nutrition, what foods should I avoid eating for a flat stomach and for weight loss? Thank you for your help :)

Replies

• kloco
    kloco Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Definitely need to avoid processed foods as much as possible. It's overflowing with sodium that bloats your belly.

Try sticking with FRESH fruits and veggies for the most part of the day.

Drink a ton of water, at least 2L a day.
  • jennyredfern
    jennyredfern Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Eat whole non processed foods. Vegetables, raw or steamed with no sauce. lean protein... i.e. chicken breast, fish, lean beef, etc. Try to eat low sodium so you don't retain water. Avoid simple carbs and eat little of complex carbs...i.e. oatmeal, quinoa, brown rice.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Here is a complete list of foods to avoid (assuming no underlying medical condition):

====Begin list

====End list

Other than that, make sure your calories in are less than your calories out.
  • Laurieann137
    Laurieann137 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have also found that eating less sugar (processed or natural) has helped me. If you stay within the guidlines of MFP it will help...or might help. :-) And also eating fresh foods and drinking lot of water!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm trying to minimize foods that are high in both sugar and/or fat.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    None of them. You can eat whatever you want as long as you stay under or around your calorie goal. The only thing that matters for weight-loss is calories in < calories out. It doesn't matter what those calories are made up of unless you are looking at things from a nutrition perspective on your macros, which still doesn't matter for straight weight-loss. Only health.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    There's no food you should or shouldn't eat for weight loss. Eating within your calorie budget will provide yo with weight loss. How you get those calories in is up to you.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    For weight loss just eat your calorie goal. You may find that some foods help you meet your goal better than others. I rarely eat chocolate donuts anymore because they don't fill me up and aren't worth the calories to me, but eating them will not hurt weight loss as long as I'm still within my calorie goal.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    1. Foods you don't like
    2. Foods you are allergic to, or are intolerant/sensitive to
    3. Foods that take you over your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) on any given day
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Please read http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/822501-halp-my-sandwich-isn-t-clean

Also a bunch of other posts in that group that are written by highly educated folks who will gladly show you peer reviewed studies (not the "studies" in infomercials).
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I don't know that much about nutrition, what foods should I avoid eating for a flat stomach and for weight loss? Thank you for your help :)

Just fyi - you can't spot reduce. The only way to get that flat stomach is to lose the body fat.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    1. Foods you don't like
    3. Foods that take you over your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) on any given day

This.
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    1. Foods you don't like

^^ This ^^

The cleaner the better - but NOTHING is off limits unless one of the above.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    None of them. You can eat whatever you want as long as you stay under or around your calorie goal. The only thing that matters for weight-loss is calories in < calories out. It doesn't matter what those calories are made up of unless you are looking at things from a nutrition perspective on your macros, which still doesn't matter for straight weight-loss. Only health.

Yep.

Eat what you want and stay under calories to lose weight. Eat more whole foods to be healthier. Eat more whole foods under your calorie goal to lose weight and feel healthier.
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    1. Foods you don't like

4. Any food that tests your will power and you can't portion control.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    1. Foods you don't like

This.

annnnnd....

Just fyi - you can't spot reduce. The only way to get that flat stomach is to lose the body fat.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Here is a complete list of foods to avoid (assuming no underlying medical condition):

====Begin list

====End list

Other than that, make sure your calories in are less than your calories out.

and
    1. Foods you don't like
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My Moto is "If it Fits, I eats, Yum"
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm trying to minimize foods that are high in both sugar and/or fat.

Fats don't need to be minimized, fat doesn't make you fat. The more I think about it the more I'm convinced that the whole low fat/diet food/low sugar food industry is all a big con. They make millions out of telling us we need low fat food to lose weight. I'm starting to think it's all a big fat lie.