Do I have the highest BMI on MFP?

Options
I haven't yet met/seen anyone on MFP who is as overweight as I am.

I got weighed on the official scale today and my BMI is 61. It was 64 at the beginning of the year.

Can any MFP member top this?

Helena

Replies

• hmandoscia
    Options
    My BMI started at 54.9 and now its at 46.8.. good job on your weightloss!!!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Mine was at 38.8 last year and is now at 24.4.

But, that is not the reason for my reply. I went to check out your profile and the words "Want My Life Back" and "I need to escape from this prison." really hit home with me! My profile does not speak of it (my blog does), but I kept myself in a self imposed "prison", spanning over the last 5+ years. I only began to break free last June. I describe this as "taking my life back", literally.

I wish you all the luck in the world. I know you can do it. Many people tell me that is is so hard to change and lose weight after 50, I'm almost 56. I do not agree. I think I can do anything that I think I can. And, I think I can't do anything that I think I can't! You can too!
  • Key0970
    Key0970 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My BMI is 49.7 which makes me morbidly obese on the BMI scale, altogether I need to lose 140lbs well done on losing some weight and getting your BMI down! :)
  • HardyMichelle
    HardyMichelle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I can't top it but I'm close. Think my last time around I was at 63 or so. I'm 5'1 and weigh 195. Sixty pounds to go!
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My BMI was at 55 a year ago. Now, I have a BMI of 33.
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Many congrats to those who have lost so much - what an inspiration!

OMG... I really AM the most overweight person on this site.

I find that rather lonely AND scary!
  • KristineW78
    KristineW78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.

BUT NOT FOR LONG! YOU WILL GET DOWN!!!
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Only a handful of people out of probably a million or more responded. I highly doubt you are the largest. And really, IT DOESN'T MATTER!!! You are here, trying to change your life. That's what matters.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Only a handful of people out of probably a million or more responded. I highly doubt you are the largest. And really, IT DOESN'T MATTER!!! You are here, trying to change your life. That's what matters.

Big DITTO the above!!!
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options

Ditto the ditto!!!

You made the change, and a number is just that, a number!!! We will all be here to cheer you on from beginning to end!!! Keep up the great job, get out there, make friends, and know we won't stop cheering until you are done!!!!!!
  • Domi_BTGfit
    Options
    I started at 35 and now bounce between 20-21. I lost almost 80lbs over 18 months (July 2011 - January 2013) and if I can do it, anyone really can!

Just reach out to people as this site is full of inspiration, motivation and support :) Good luck!
  • xlipservicex
    xlipservicex Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get you down. and Don't worry about comparing yourself to others. You can do this! Don't worry about the numbers, make small changes that bring you towards being a healthier person and the numbers will take care of themselves!
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I do agree, I think there are a few people out there around or above your BMI on here. I was pretty close. I think I started at 54.5.

Great work that you have got some weight off. Keep up the good work. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    It's not where you start, it's where you finish.
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I haven't yet met/seen anyone on MFP who is as overweight as I am.

I got weighed on the official scale today and my BMI is 61. It was 64 at the beginning of the year.

Can any MFP member top this?

Helena
    Sorry I can't top it, but I just wanted to say congratulations on wanting to make a change. Going from 64 to 61 is a great start. Good luck on the weight loss.
  • kristinbiggs
    kristinbiggs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's not where you start, it's where you finish.

Love this, thanks for sharing
  • Jeffersz
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Many congrats to those who have lost so much - what an inspiration!

I'd instead call it motivation, and you've got an amazing compilation of folks here to help you through it.

Keep your eye on the prize!!!! :)
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Not me but at least it's going in the right direction x
  • phonepest
    Options
    I started out at a BMI of 64..I KNOW there are others out there who have the same BMI or close to it...but as others have said..it's where you end up that matters most!
  • tonitass
    tonitass Posts: 22 Member
    Options

You are definitely not alone. Mine is at 58.1 and three weeks ago it was at 59.5. The only thing I have going for me is a couple of extra inches in height. I am trying to free myself from my self imposed prison that I have been in for 20 years. I don't really know what took me so long, but I am determined now to do it. I want to live long enough to meet my grandchildren. Friend me if you want.