kettlebell any tryed this??

Options
i bought myself a kettlebell and gonna try it out ... was wondering if anyone has tryed this workout? and if so how did u like it ? pros/cons?
thanks for any input :)

Replies

• petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I've used kettlebells before. I thought it was fun. I didn't use a whole lot but I feel like it would have been beneficial - esp if I had videos and someome instructing me.
    There is a lot you can do with them I guess.

oh - it's good to have gloves on while using it. Just powder doesn't help enough IMO.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    kettlebells are a great workout tool, same thing can be done with a dumbbell though. :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells are a fine tool...lot you can do with them. Just don't do this:

1303407524_weight-lifting-fail.gif
  • sss1966
    sss1966 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love kettlebells, and bob harpers kettlebell cardio shred!
  • bathony
    Options
    Kettlebells are ace, I love using them but like the other poster said use gloves and I use wristbands too because when you're doing snatch and clean the kettlebell bangs against the back of the wrist. I use the dvd, the iron core way which I got from amazon and find it quite a good workout, which I enjoy.

Also there are lots of good videos on you tube.

:)
  • gettingtomygoal83
    gettingtomygoal83 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    ya i have an instruction vid i only bought a 10lb one too start out with :)
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    kettlebells are a great workout tool, same thing can be done with a dumbbell though. :)

Not really.

OP: Look up some RKC videos on proper swing technique.
  • SteamRoller72
    SteamRoller72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That is the stupidest thing I've seen by a kettlebell newbie...thanks for posting the vid!
    I wonder how her rotator cuff is functioning these days?
  • SteamRoller72
    SteamRoller72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    No, not the case at all.
    Dumbells and kettlebells are similar in no ways pertaining to function. The only similarity is the material they're constructed from.
  • 1julietax
    1julietax Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells are great. You really need to watch your form though. If you don't take the time to do it right you could really hurt yourself. 10 pounds is a great starter weight. Take your time doing the exercises, it's not a marathon. If you get too much "swing", once again you can easily injure yourself. Good luck.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I Love Kettlebells. They really help your posture alot and I find it makes doing other cardio videos much easier cuz of that. And it helps more with the trouble areas like my lower stomach it seems like the only thing that really firms that up more. I like the Michelle Khai Kettlenetics Dvds. They start you with a very lightweight kettlebell and when u order that it comes with a lightweight kettlebell so its a good deal. It combines both aerobic cardio workout-and weights so its great. they aren't heavy weights so it helps tone but doesn't bulk you up so much. Then when you get used to them then you can always get a heavier kettlebell for more strength training. But it explains "alot" of kettlebell excercises on that one. Theres a good Madonna Grimes video on you tube also if you search Madonna Grimes working your *kitten* and legs. That shows great form and how to use a little heavier kettlebell. I like them cuz they are easier to manuever around your body. a good thing to do with the lightweight ones also is sit upright with your feet both in front of you on the floor and lift your legs up one at a time and weave the kettlebell under them like a figure eight. that helps your stomach some with the kettlebells.