Please excuse my rant!!

Options

Replies

• SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Do like Debbie did this week on Shameless. Hold her head under water till she pukes. Do it in front of her friends so they know not to mess with you either. Problem solved.

Uh, spoilers!
  • rpmtnbkr
    rpmtnbkr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Karma.... What goes around comes around.... they will get theirs in the end!
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    This post is quite ironic...

But anyway.

High school never ends!
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    and this is why women don't deserve equal pay...
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    This is whats wrong with women, they assume other women hate them and talk about them when 90% of the time they aren't.

Have they ever said anything rude to you? You mention that they wont look at you, and that is pretty much the extent of their "middle school" behavior.

I'm willing to bet it's all you. It's all in your head. Ask them to lunch, make an effort.
  • KSfitgal
    KSfitgal Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that if these women are as bad as you say, then you don't want to know what they are saying cause it isn't going to add anything to your self worth. People that have to cut others down only are doing so cause they are miserable in their own skin and don't even know it. Be the bigger person, always be nice to them and don't give them anything they could use against you later. Remember the Golden Rule - Do unto others as you would have others do unto you! Good luck!

Luke 6:31
    The Message (MSG)
    31-34 “Here is a simple rule of thumb for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you; then grab the initiative and do it for them! If you only love the lovable, do you expect a pat on the back? Run-of-the-mill sinners do that. If you only help those who help you, do you expect a medal? Garden-variety sinners do that. If you only give for what you hope to get out of it, do you think that’s charity? The stingiest of pawnbrokers does that.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I just would like to know but really don't give a flying rats @ss about what they think, but just would like to know exactly what they think of me.

**double take** LOL

Hope you find out what you dont care to know. :P
    I was puzzled at this part too...:noway:
    I just would like to know but really don't give a flying rats @ss about what they think, but just would like to know exactly what they think of me.

dizzy. i am dizzy.

Vertigo.gif
    :wink:
    This is whats wrong with women, they assume other women hate them and talk about them when 90% of the time they aren't.

Have they ever said anything rude to you? You mention that they wont look at you, and that is pretty much the extent of their "middle school" behavior.

I'm willing to bet it's all you. It's all in your head. Ask them to lunch, make an effort.
    Very good point, we often have crazy stories stored in our own heads about how others behave and it turns out to be just us worrying about nothing. I can't even imagine a guy wasting his time worrying what another guy thought about him. Not ALL women do this but those that do can really get worked up in the imagination dept.
    <snip>...I just would like to know but really don't give a flying rats @ss about what they think, but just would like to know exactly what they think of me.

<snip>.... I don't talk about people, and I try to be the nicest person I can be.
    :huh: are you serious??:laugh:
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options

dizzy. i am dizzy.

Vertigo.gif
  • FGVC1188
    FGVC1188 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Funny. This never happens among a group of dudes.
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    That is so sad. But there has to be other women in your office, I hope. Just hang out with them. I work in a hospital, lots of women there. I havent seen to much of this kind of behavior. Best of luck, it does get better. Not ever work place is like that.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to disagree about women deserving less pay because of this behavior. I work as a corporate engineer and deal mostly with men. I work hard and make it a point not to make friends at work - it's good to be friendly but not good to have friends at work. Guys are terrible gossips - worse than hens. If you think women are the only ones who judge you before they actually meet you or cut you down behind your back, you need to open your eyes.

As for the original poster, the only thing I can say is to keep you head down, work your butt off, get yourself promoted or find a different job. Unless these women are responsible for your pay raises or can affect performance reviews - heck with them. The best job you can have is the one where you get most of the positive things you are looking for and can put up with the bull**** that comes with the job. No job is perfect. It's just a matter of what you are willing to deal with and what rewards you are wanting (personally, professionally and monetarily).
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Step back from the keyboard and re-read everything you just wrote.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Whenever this kind of subject comes up I have a very simple moto.

1 or 2 people working together is no problem.
    3 or more, and there will be drama. This is a 100% chance.

Once there is another person to talk to...about another person....it happens. Without Fail.

With only 2 people...if one does something that annoys the other, it's quickly forgiven and forgotten (unless it's something horrible like f***ing their spouse.)

Once you have a 3rd person that someone can turn and vent their annoyance to...Drama begins. The more there are, the worse it gets because cliche's start to form.
  • Nambsalot
    Options
    n2thenight24 - The fact that you watch Shameless makes you like my favorite person ever. Just thought you should know lol
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you work in a public environment this is going to be the norm. It really doesn't matter where you work there is going to be someone that will tear others down to build themselves up. It takes tooooooo much energy to feed into that, you expound more energy being the way they are being then you would ignoring them. You cannot control people however you can control how you respond to people. They are actually probably doing you a huge favor by no longer affiliating themselves with you. Be thankful for that. Now we know where the creators of the show Dream On and Alley McBeal got their ideas from, how hasn't sat in the office place and just imagined themselves doing something felonious to that human sized hemorroid at work. (raising hand) Just keep following peace with all men to the best of your ability. :-)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Just remind yourself that what goes around comes around...they'll get what's coming to them...eventually. Oh, and it's best not to worry about what they're saying about you...you know yourself better than they ever will, so who cares what they think?
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    "Hi there, I noticed that you used to be friendly toward me, but now you seem to avoid me. Did I do something to hurt or offend you?"

Avoid drama and possibly imagined problems. If they have something against you, hopefully they just tell you, or at the very least they'll cover their tracks better. If not, then they know that you care about what sort of impression you make and that you would like to be on their good side. Either way, it will clear the air and hopefully improve the work environment.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Well for starters, MFP is were I go to express myself, not what I do in person. None of these women workout, or care about fitness. I hear them talk about everyone else here, and have had them tell me things. So I know they do, I know how they are. I am not assuming.

I can tell when someone treats me differently than they did before. I am very nice, even go out of my way to help them when they need it. And I have asked them if there is something and they say that there is nothing wrong.

The only way this post would be ironic is if I called them fat, lazy, conniving b!tches. Or if I was talking to everyone here at work behind their back. Sometimes people just need an outlet and I choose MFP for that.
  • TrishLG
    TrishLG Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Women deserve equal pay for equal work. Men are just as big gossips, nags, and whiners.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Women deserve equal pay for equal work. Men are just as big gossips, nags, and whiners.

My boss is a man and loves to stir up the drama between everyone.