90 Day Body Revolution and Chalean Extream

Options
I'm in a boot camp class right now for one month. I'm looking to get something to do after my boot camp is over. I was looking at Jillian Michaels 90 Day Body Revelution and Chalean Extreme. I like Jillian Michaels workouts, I've never worked out with Chalean. .
Any advise or suggestions?

Replies

• Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have Chalean Extreme and I LOVE it! I lost about 25lbs the first time I did it. I actually doing a hybrid now between Chalean Extreme and TurboFire(another Chalean workout) I haven't tried Jillian's Body Revolution, but am interested to read peoples opinions on it as I have been toying w/ whether or not to buy it.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Bump... Curious about body revolution x
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    no opinion myself but I would like to hear others :)
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have the original Turbo Jam, and I kind of know about Turbo Fire, what is Chalene Extreme?
    Thanks!
    I have Chalean Extreme and I LOVE it! I lost about 25lbs the first time I did it. I actually doing a hybrid now between Chalean Extreme and TurboFire(another Chalean workout) I haven't tried Jillian's Body Revolution, but am interested to read peoples opinions on it as I have been toying w/ whether or not to buy it.
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have done both... both are awesome.... why not do both if you have an hour to give.... both workouts are about 33 to 37 mins a peice.... You actually have me thinking of dusting it off and working both programs together....
  • Wowat50
    Options
    Chalean Extream is a 90 day program.
  • Wowat50
    Options
    I can only afford to buy one at a time. Which one should I try first? I have a lot of other Jillian DVD's that are about 30 minutes. I'm doing 6 week 6 pack in between boot camp classes now.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I have Body Revolution and I love it. I did a round last summer and noticed a difference in toning. I want to restart it next week. Last time around I was looking just to tone, but this time around I need to lose weight, I just had a baby 5 wks ago. One thing I love about it is it eases you into it. The first 2 disc are beginner level and it progresses from there. I have never tried Chalean extreme, but Jillian Michaels never disappointed me.
  • loricole68
    Options
    I have both, started JM but have had back surgery and a lot of her moves made my back hurt. She does a lot of circuit,so you do a string of exercises then repeat that string 3 or 4 times. Chalene uses heavy weights and does both upper and lower body at the same time so you get the full workout in 35 to 40 mins. She does a set of exercise then moes onto the next set. I find her encouraging whereas Jillian can be a little...well yknow, Jillian. Both come with fitness books and food plans. Chalenes is a little more in depth. She also encourages tracking your weights so you can see your strength increase.

BTW, I saw JM at Target the other day for 100. Chalene is available by Beachbody. Hope that helps some! Lori
  • Gettinyoung
    Options
    Im on week 8 of Body Revolution. I've always like JM's workouts and this one I got interested in because it has 15 DVD's - all getting progressively more challenging. I like it because each workout is 30 minutes - but 30 minutes of pure sweat!

I'm not using it exactly how the program is intended because I mix it up with other workouts. Some days I do other cardio like cross country skiing, running etc. and some days I want to do a longer less intense workout. And then when I come back to it I can really tell how much stronger I'm getting.

It's an investment, but I'm really glad I got it.
  • jacquirich
    jacquirich Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have done Chalean extreme and currently doing body revolution, there is not much between them workout wise, except Jillian does cardio days, but Chalean is more up beat and positive
  • Tsmartin07
    Options
    If you are comfortable with Jillian's style I would do BR..if your looking to change things up go with Chalean. I respond well to JM and LOVE BR. I'm currently on week6.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Chalean Extreme for the 3rd time. . .i rotate it in about once a year. I added Jillian's BR last year and enjoyed it. . .except the bridge push up thingy. . .that was just plain crazy talk!!

I like Chalean Extreme just a smidge more than Body Revolution. That said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with either workout. They're just different.
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    I've done ChaLEAN Twice. LOVED IT! I prefer her over JM anyday. She's supportive and firm but not angry lol
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    You have to ask what it is you're looking for. Comparing two completely different workouts can't be done unless we know what it is you want out of one. What are your goals?
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I have done CHX twice , and love it!!! I have just started Les Mills Body Pump which I am enjoying...but miss CHX so much so I sneak it in here and there :)
  • Wowat50
    Options
    My goal is weight loss and toning. I'd like to drop 40 pounds of fat and have good muscle tone.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Would you consider doing a more traditional weightlifting routine instead? I think you'll find the results they produce is absolutely amazing.