This is mine..what is YOUR mantra each day?

Replies

• GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    "When it's right, it's right.. (Why wait to the middle of a cold dark night)"
  • In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: IT...........GOES.........ON.
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Nothing lasts forever. Not even your troubles − Arnold H Glasgow
  • curvysunshine
    curvysunshine Posts: 35 Member
    Let go of the thoughts that do not make you strong.
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Train insane . . . find no blame .
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    I will not kill people today.

I work in retail, am a paramedic, and have a pain in the *kitten* ex-husband whom I unfortunately share custody of my older son with, I am married, and I have a toddler, an obnoxious cat and a potty-training puppy.

This has to be my daily thought...although there are different degrees for each side of my life.
  • Marymoyer31
    Marymoyer31 Posts: 2 Member
    love this
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Believe to Achieve and I can do anything for 1 minute at a time.
  • Marymoyer31
    Marymoyer31 Posts: 2 Member
    Excuses are useless. I have had allkinds of excuses, but the one truth that continues to haunt me is that it is not getting easier as I get older. Instead of bemoaning that I am trying to stay motivated and get back to a healthy regime. I am committed to a positive lifestyle and try to inspire others with that outlook. Need supprort too! Thanks for being here for that! :happy:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    "walk calmly away from an explosion."

or sometimes
    "make today better than yesterday"

depends on the circumstances.
    my speech therapy teacher in 3rd grade always said;
    "Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Till your good is better and your better is best."
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    I have quite a few I pull out when necessary:

"Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things." -Phil 3:19

"Inspiration usualy comes during work rather than before it" -Madeleine L'Engle

"You can have results or you can have your excuses. You cannot have both." - Unknown

"How am I to know what I can achieve if I quit?" - Jason Bishop

"If your mind tells your body to stop, you will stop. Train your mind first and enslave your body to it." -Unknown
  • Very_Kerri
    Very_Kerri Posts: 44 Member
    my speech therapy teacher in 3rd grade always said;
    "Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Till your good is better and your better is best."

I am stealing that. Thanks!
  • Sweat is fat crying :)
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    bump
  • veganstein
    veganstein Posts: 33 Member
    After a bad day:

"Pick your head up, Princess, or the crown will fall."
  • If it doesn't challenge me it won't change me.

The time is going to pass anyway, so make it count.

Love this!!!
  • kittyhug1986
    kittyhug1986 Posts: 60 Member
    Only you can make you happy!

I got it off of a fortune cookie!!!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    JUST DO IT, ALREADY !
  • KrissyKris10
    KrissyKris10 Posts: 68 Member
    Make a Different Choice.

I can't keep doing the same things and expecting different results. I have to want it badly enough to make a change. Choose a life worth living. thank you so much for posting this. i love seeing all this positivity.
  • Nicoladavo07
    Nicoladavo07 Posts: 11 Member
    "Get Fit or Get Fat, Choose one!!
  • “No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch.” –unknown

Seriously love this! I am doing Crossfit and am always done last! Ugh!
  • KristineW78
    KristineW78 Posts: 42 Member
    Look at how far I have come.

Even though I haven't been doing this long, I still feel really proud of what I HAVE accomplished :) That I am sticking with it! That I am feeling better and WILL achieve what I set out to do!
  • Bikini im going to wear you come summer!
  • Gin66
    Gin66 Posts: 47 Member
    "I can do anything for ______ (fill in the blank, like 10 min. ) I keep saying it until, wow I just worked out for 30 min.
  • Feeling healthier!! If anyone is looking for friends for motivation on the app add me !! I know I could use some! Lindsay2321
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    After a bad day: "forgive it, forget it, and move on"

An every day favorite: "Life begins beyond your comfort zone"
  • asciom16
    asciom16 Posts: 29 Member
    "Excelsior" The New York state motto meaning "ever upward" or "onward and upward". I've adapted this as my mantra, mainly because I'm native New Yorker but also because it keeps me looking forward to create new goals after I have achieved the ones I've set
  • Honestly, I don't have a motivational mantra. What gets me going is my annoyance towards myself. I am my worst enemy and that, surprisingly, is what keeps me from giving up. My inner enemy won't let me live it down if I quit, so I have no other option. Its an absurd idea but it works.
    Maybe after I get physically healthy I can figure out a way to get mentally healthy.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    "Drink coffee and eat bacon."

I'm serious.

I will actually grunt very loudly, "This rep is for bacon!" when I lift.
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    I read this quote recently and loved it...

" if you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change"...