Question about Salad

Options

Replies

• jaharrison763
    jaharrison763 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Marie's also makes yogurt dressings that are 40-70 cals/2 Tablespoons. I love the blue cheese! So rich, and you would never know it's not full fat!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I love Olde Cape Cod brand. They have at least three dressing that are between 20-45 calories. I can't remember if it's one or two TBSP, but I think it might be 1. I love the wasabi Ginger Sesame one and the Balsamic.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Truthfully I too love RANCH and FRENCH (together) on my salad :):):)

I too HATE ff salad dressings. period.

What I do is depending on how many calories I've used for the day (this includes fats, proteins, carbs, etc), I decide between my "ranch and french" or a balsamic dressing. If I've been "good", I go for my ranch and french, and if I'm limited I go for the balsamic :)
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Ken's Light Asian Sesame is fantastic! A little goes a long way!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I often whip up 1 tablespoon of my favorite dressing with 1 tablespoon of light sour cream, adding just a touch of water or 2% milk if it's too thick (which it often is).

I like Marie's Light creamy ranch dressing but usually don't like the light dressings. Catalina Light Done Right is pretty good, too.
  • HMARIE716
    Options
    I just looked online and there is a Trader Joes but it's almost 2 hours from where I live. :(

I'm going to try the Bolthouse Farms Ranch & Honey Mustard----and also the Wishbone Light Sweet & Spicy French!!!! Thank you everyone for all the great replies!!!!! :D
  • HMARIE716
    Options
    Truthfully I too love RANCH and FRENCH (together) on my salad :):):)

I too HATE ff salad dressings. period.

What I do is depending on how many calories I've used for the day (this includes fats, proteins, carbs, etc), I decide between my "ranch and french" or a balsamic dressing. If I've been "good", I go for my ranch and french, and if I'm limited I go for the balsamic :)

That is a really good idea----thank you! I think I might have to use that too! :D:D:D:D
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Saving my spot

Ok, back! I use hidden valley ranch sometimes and 1tbs is 70 calories. If I am going to use ranch then I put my salad in a tupperware container add the tbs and shake it. That way you still get the taste but you don't over use it,
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    Walden Farms. Zero calories and there are some good flavors and not so good flavors. I like Balsamic Vinegarette and the bacon ranch.

http://www.waldenfarms.com/
  • Try this one! 1tbsp oo 1 tbsp red vinegar 1tbsp dijon and pepper to taste! Yummy...cut a half an apple in your salad to get that awesome sweet against the mustard and pepper!!!
    :love:
  • eb12112
    Options
    i like salsa mixed with light sour cream
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    make your own ranch with the HVR dry mix, light mayo and LF Buttermilk or LF/FF milk.

I also make blue cheese dressing with 1/3 cup light mayo, 1/3 cup LF buttermilk, 1/3 cup greek yogurt, juice of 1/2 lemon, 2 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp salt & pepper and dash of tabasco. Fold in about 2 oz blue cheese crumbles.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I use 2 tablespoons of hidden valley ranch dressing
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I go with the "light" versions vs. fat free and try not to use as much as I would like to. Every fat free dressing I ever tried tasted really horrible!

^This! ... fake fat has a nasty aftertaste (to me).

I use a coffee scoop to measure my dressing out .... after awhile 2 TBL is plenty for most salads

Reduced fat ranch = fat free greek yogurt, milk & ranch seasoning mix

Newman's Sesame Ginger dressing is really good .... 2 TBL = 35 calories (nice & spicey)
  • HMARIE716
    Options
    Saving my spot

Ok, back! I use hidden valley ranch sometimes and 1tbs is 70 calories. If I am going to use ranch then I put my salad in a tupperware container add the tbs and shake it. That way you still get the taste but you don't over use it,

This too, is a really good idea!!! Otherwise sometimes I get huge clobs on some parts, then none on others! LOL ... never even thought of this.
  • HMARIE716
    Options
    Walden Farms. Zero calories and there are some good flavors and not so good flavors. I like Balsamic Vinegarette and the bacon ranch.

http://www.waldenfarms.com/

Looking at their website now..............how have I never heard of this?!?!?!? :D:D:D:D
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    beetroot and jalapenos cut fine and mixed well
  • saminmio
    saminmio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The middle easterners use a combination of lemon juice, olive oil and fresh garlic - mmmm
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    hearts of palm
    black olives
    cucumbers
    crunchy things
    very thinly sliced onions
    maybe some goat cheese
    normal dressing- never low fat or fat free
  • 1964Lynn
    Options