holding stomach in

Options
I've began to notice that when i am walking and doing my general stuff around house/work i'm beginning to hold my stomach in, but not realizing i am doing this as i can push it out when i relise i'm holding it in. is this just my mind because i'm more comfortable this way or is this part of the weight loss journey and my body changing.
sorry if this is a stupid question

Replies

• Chloe_P78
    Chloe_P78 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think it means you're becoming more aware of your body through exercise and are engaging your core throughout the day. This will improve your posture and is great for your abdominal muscles. Keep up the good work!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Engaging your core when you're being active is a great habbit to get into. It helps to support your spine and prevent any injuries. Even though you're only cleaning there would still be some twisting and bending motions etc. that you need support for. People I know have done injuries by doing much less. Keep it up
  • choosingsara
    choosingsara Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I totally have been noticing this with myself!! I'm hoping it means my abs are getting stronger! That's what I'm telling myself anyway.