How do you avoid looking at the gym? Q_Q

Options
I was on the elliptical for 60 min today and in the row of machines in front of mine like 3 different young girls wearing TIGHTS got on the machines at different intervals. I was like 'oh great'.

I know girls don't like being oogled at the gym but they were right there in my line of vision and there is nothing else for me to look at. I feel stupid trying NOT to look. So is it okay to look just to pass the time easier?

Girls that wear tights.... do you concede that some guys are going to laser beam stare at your @%5? I know intense oogling is not appropriate but what about the gentlemanly stares that don't exceed 2 seconds? Can we have those?

Replies

• MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    3 young girls...

chris+hansen.jpg
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I just try and mind my own business but agree that it is difficult. I never feel like anybody looks at me at the gym and I wouldn't care if they did. My husband, on the other hand, says that people staring makes him uncomfortable.
  • MisRod17
    MisRod17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It can be difficult, but don't let women fool you. We, sometimes, have a hard time not staring. For example, when I am at the gym weight training in front of the mirror, it is hard for me not to stare at the many muscle bound Marines working out behind me. Sometimes, I catch them sneaking a peak, but I can't complain because I have been doing the same thing. As long as you are not being obnoxious and rude about it. I consider it people watching. Like going to the airport or bus terminal and watching the many different people pass by. It's something that helps make the time go faster. And it will can make people uncomfortable...mainly, because they think that you are judging them. Atleast, that is how I feel. Don't judge me.:wink:
  • hph442
    hph442 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Nah it's to be expected if it's in your sight line.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i keep chicks from looking at me by being unattractive. it works wonders.
  • Spook_Nuke_Em
    Spook_Nuke_Em Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    i keep chicks from looking at me by being unattractive. it works wonders.

LOL! Good stuff.
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Well, if they're in front of you why not look? It's not like they're going to know. As for me I'm quite positive no one stares at me because I'm not a pretty sight when I'm working out and even if they were starring I wouldn't care. As for me looking, I wear glasses but when I am at the gym I keep my glasses in a locker. I cannot see for crap so I look around everywhere and try to make out what I think might be a person or a machine.... I can never tell.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    you kidding me? in college I chose the treadmill i was going to use for HIIT based on the finest posterior on the stairclimbers ahead of me...
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I am fine with sneaking a peak every now and then. It's when that well endowed lady without a proper training bra or any bra at all that comes and parks herself in the treadmill next to me...that's when things can get dangerous. A couple of times I've had to leave my treadmill because as nice as the scenery is...how the hell am I suppose to run with tits bouncing in my face? I'll fall off the freaking treadmill.