Question about Salad

Options
124»

Replies

• 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Just wondering what everyone uses to put on their salads??? I LOVE a good salad, but the obvious yummy part is the dressing. I love ranch & french----however I do not like fat free ranch, and the fat free french/western has a TON of sugar.

I've tried just using a little EVOO/Vinegar...however, it's just not the same. What are the best options so that you're not racking up a ton of calories and sugar?

Thanks!!!
    Lot's of home made recipes out there. try skinnytaste .com and lots of other sites. I do not like the fat free versions store bought either! :frown: . I love honey mustard;; I have a recipe i make with 13 cals a tablespoon. I tweeked it from 24 cals. Which really isn't a bad # either. Just search around for recipes.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    If at home, I put my salad in a tupperware with a lid, measure the amount of dressing per serving or less, put lid on container and shake.
    If at a restaurant, I get my dressing on the side, dip fork in dressing first and then in salad. It is amazing how little you really use.
    I can do light versions of dressings but the fat free is nasty for the most part.
  • HMARIE716
    Options
    If at home, I put my salad in a tupperware with a lid, measure the amount of dressing per serving or less, put lid on container and shake.
    If at a restaurant, I get my dressing on the side, dip fork in dressing first and then in salad. It is amazing how little you really use.
    I can do light versions of dressings but the fat free is nasty for the most part.

I know----fat free ones for the most part are nasty, ESPECIALLY ranch.... I've seen a few times now the fork dip method, I'll have to try that. I think that the salad in a tupperware is a FANTASTIC idea as well... I'm stopping at the store tonight to pick up some things and going to try out one of these new dressings! :D:D
  • HMARIE716
    Options
    Okay, so just an update----I got the bolthouse farms ranch and thousand island.... i did 2 tbsp of each one on a huge salad that I make with cucumbers and it was SOOOOOOOOOOO good....... only 90 cal!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):)
  • justmyalias
    justmyalias Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I make my own dressings. When I want a creamy dressing, I use greek yogurt. and mix that with herbs, garlic, salt, pepper and a bit of lemon juice.

When I want a vinagrette, I use 1 part vinegar to 2 parts oil, add some splenda or honey, chopped garlic, chopped shallots, lemon juice and thyme or oregano.

someone just posted this on facebook -
    awesome, I want to try it now...

http://jessebrune.com/healthy-quick-tip-recipe-greek-yogurt-recipe/