This is mine..what is YOUR mantra each day?

Options

Replies

• merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    "MY health is My responsiblity" ~ no one can do it for me, I have to help myself!

I always seem to hear Dolvett's voice in my head ~ "Hardwork-Determination"
  • 2shoes123
    2shoes123 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Health is your greatest asset.
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I will not kill people today.

I work in retail, am a paramedic, and have a pain in the *kitten* ex-husband whom I unfortunately share custody of my older son with, I am married, and I have a toddler, an obnoxious cat and a potty-training puppy.

This has to be my daily thought...although there are different degrees for each side of my life.

You are my new hero!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    During workouts it's always "If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you". I'm pretty sure that one came from Jillian Michaels but I could be wrong!
  • beets_yum
    Options
    Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are right. -- Henry Ford

I believe he was a Nazi sympahizer so he is by no means a hero of mine. But it's a great quote. I tell it to my kids, too. (Without attribution.)
  • smh1067
    smh1067 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    "A year from now, you'll wish you started today."

This quote is what actually got me started, and even though I started over a month ago now, I still say it every day. Because if I give up today, a year from now I'll wish I hadn't.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    don't make mantra's, things change to quick.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Don't kill the puppy.
  • CantonMan1234
    CantonMan1234 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    "It ain't easy ... but it's simple"

"Better is possible"

"If I always do what I've always done, I'll always get what I've always got."
  • flhedinger
    Options
    When I'm struggling to make the right decision (to power through a hard part of a workout, to not eat another chocolate, etc.) my mantra is "this is the new me".
  • albertasis
    albertasis Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    "EAT HARD, EXERCISE HARDER!"
  • timmemin
    timmemin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am a child of God.
    I am amazing.
    I can do anything I set my mind to.
    I can. and I will.

This was the motto of the running club I got roped into coaching last year. Those middle school girls made me want to become healthier and gave me the ability to do so. Now that I teach at another school, I still carry this motto with me and am grateful to them everyday for making me better/ healthier/ and happier.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    "Nobody deserves to be judged for choices they make which don't harm others."
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Move, b*tch
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:13, 14 NIV)

If I've made a mistake (like yesterday I had a crappy night didn't workout went straight to bed, not a good dinner etc). I used to would have sat in that shame of "oh I messed up" and would let it get in the way and give up or use it as an excuse to slack off. Now I'm training my mind to forget what is behind (good or bad) and just press on towards the goal and not give up! Even though I had a crappy night last night that's no reason for me to sit in it and not workout this morning!

Love it and totally agree!!!
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    'Get stuck in' - its kid our family motto!
  • wjfahren
    Options
    Step away from the cookies!!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I got this from a former MFP'er and it is perfect in every way.

EMBRACE THE SUCK!
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    "Real change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of changing"
    I have this taped to my refridgerator.