You think losing weight is a hard on you!

Options
amandapye78
amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
Try being my dog. She has had to go on a "diet" per vets orders. She is not taking it well and has taken to stealing food. We have managed to hide all food from her now so she decided to move on to non edible items like my razor. Yes my stupid basset hound ate my razor. I found her in time to get the razor part away but she did eat the plastic. We went to vet and all is ok. I thought losing weight was hard for me. Sheesh

Replies

• iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Is she doing 1200 calories? Does she eat her exercise calories back?
    More importantly, does she even lift?
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Try being my dog. She has had to go on a "diet" per vets orders. She is not taking it well and has taken to stealing food. We have managed to hide all food from her now so she decided to move on to non edible items like my razor. Yes my stupid basset hound ate my razor. I found her in time to get the razor part away but she did eat the plastic. We went to vet and all is ok. I thought losing weight was hard for me. Sheesh

Do you walk around naked in front of your dog? I'm already doing the diet thing, so if I'm going to be your dog, I'm hoping there's an extra benefit. :bigsmile:
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

She listens to Dr. Oz.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options

Lol....

Sorry for your pup.... I hope she gets used to her new eating routine quickly. Reming her that bikini season is around the corner.
  • amandapye78
    Options

She is only doing 1200 calories. She keeps saying she's full and that its plenty but then she pulls this so I dont know what to think. She doesn't exercise and absolutely no lifting,
  • cylima
    cylima Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Your poor dog - I feel bad for her because she doesn't know why she is on a diet! My vet said instead of treats, give her baby carrots. My dog does not like vegetables so there was no chance of that happening! I am sure cutting down a bit and a nice long walk will be great for her and I am sure the weight will melt off of her. How much does she have to lose?
  • amandapye78
    Options
    Your poor dog - I feel bad for her because she doesn't know why she is on a diet! My vet said instead of treats, give her baby carrots. My dog does not like vegetables so there was no chance of that happening! I am sure cutting down a bit and a nice long walk will be great for her and I am sure the weight will melt off of her. How much does she have to lose?

She needs to lose 10 lbs. Ive tried every trick I know to do even mixing green beans in with her food to help her feel full but she eats all of it and then she went and dug coffee ground out of the garbage to eat them. She hates walks and will lie down in the road until someone shows up with a car and then jumps in. She is the most stubborn stupid animal I have ever seen.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    I think she's hangry and the razor was an attempt on her own life. You should keep her on 24 hour surveillance. Or meds.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    One wrong letter made that a great title...
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    my 80lb black lab sadie is on a diet too.. i give her green beans with her kibble for dinner, and for snacks i give her baby carrots. but mostly we exercise more. she has a bum knee so we go for short walks a couple of times a day. its really helped. labs love any kind of food so the green beans and carrots to her are just as good as french fries and other crappy people food that she loves dearly.

its hard, especially when they love food so much. eating a razor is pretty funny behavior.. ask your vet, maybe you can give her a few more healthy snacks so she doesnt feel deprived. good luck :)
  • amandapye78
    Options
    I think she's hangry and the razor was an attempt on her own life. You should keep her on 24 hour surveillance. Or meds.
    I had wondered about this. I've been seeing serious signs of depression, all she does is howl and lay around doing nothing.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

srsly
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options

What? She's Eye-talian!
  • amandapye78
    Options

OMG I just saw that.. :blushing:
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mfqcxv8Kct1rskynf_zpsd36d7b9d.gif
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

It's okay..embrace the hard on.
  • amandapye78
    Options

It's okay..embrace the hard on.

My husband is trying to figure out why I am red and laughing so loud. LMAO
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my old beagle. Put the "little" guy on a diet and he ended up chewing into the closet and eating half a bag of food. He was on his back the entire next day except when he was squatting. Not cool. Not cool at all dog.