All the Little People (5"1 and under)

Options

Replies

• BBV33
    BBV33 Posts: 3
    Options
    I was 5, 1 but doctor said I am 5 foot now. I have always had problems with gym equipment in fact that is not the end of it. When I lose weight and get to normal I can if I want shop in the children's department for clothes. When I was getting eyeglasses they measured my face and eye nose area and told me I could buy children's glasses if I wanted. The question might be is there equipment made for children or smaller length people? Even driving some cars is a problem need a pillow to see over steering wheel if seat does not adjust enough...etc.. My heart goes out to you.:smile:
    Bonnie
  • BBV33
    BBV33 Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow! That is great! I am just getting started. I put my goal as 105 but I am big boned. I know people much taller than me that do not have wrists the size of mine. I am just short but my bone structure is like a gymnastics rather than ballerina. Small frames are good for doing ballet. I took a few years of dance when I was a teen and this helped but now I am so out of shape. My dance teacher told me I had the height for being a dance but they were looking for smaller boned people. Hence my conclusion that I am more of a gymnast.
    I just started back swimming and used to be on the swim team. I could not even go one lap with out getting exhausted. Now I can at least go a lap. I swim about half an hour but it helps because now I have chronic Rheumatoid arthritis. This was part of the reason I got out of shape plus a desk job.
    Well hats off to you! You are inspirational.
    Bonnie
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I am 4 11 and right now at 183. I lost 50 lbs in I think it was 5 months. I went from 200 to 150. Then I got pregnant AGAIN and gained it all back. I stuck with 1200 cal diet and I wasn't hungry unless I worked out then I ate some cals back obviously. I too hold on to every lb. I have a bigger bottom half and bigger breast (even after a reduction).
  • hannyz08
    Options
    I am 5'2, 184 currently, would like to be around 120. I have never weighed less than like 180 since I was in high school, and I yearn to be thinner, lol. One major problem is, pants, at a size 16, are always like, 5 inches too long, I dont know about smaller pants, but those size 16's, do clothes companys just assume you are tall because you are a 16???!?!?!?! Even with the short inseam!!!!! Anyways, I have no idea my frame size, or build really. I dont think I am apple shaped, since I have bigger legs, yet my complete lack of waist boot me out of the hourglass and pear categories. Its a mystery!!!!
  • RMNPHike
    RMNPHike Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'2", 51 years old. I have yo-yo'd most of my life, and was 137 at my heaviest, non-pregnant weight. I'm small-boned so that looked very fat on me, even though my BMI was not considered "obese" and was at the low end of overweight. I think frame makes a difference. I was 126 when I started MFP and now 119. My goal weight is 113 which should put me at 23% body fat, the low end for my age, but I think it's right for my frame. When I was 40 I got down to 107, but I looked too skinny, even though I felt great, and finding clothes was difficult. Right now I'm 35-27-37, and would love to have a 25-inch waist again. It does feel like even a half a pound gain shows up on my stomach! I am at 1250 calories per day and losing slowly. I am not as strict with my calories on exercise days but I don't try to eat all of the exercise calories back - that wasn't really working anyway.

OK, so while we're on the subject of clothing companies - doesn't it make you so mad when they offer the bottom half of an outfit in petite sizes, but not the top part? It's like they think we are just sawed off at the legs! I have a short waist and arms and almost normal-length legs, so a lot of things don't work for me. Also, a lot of clothing companies don't get that petite ladies can have a bust too.
  • xsabrinalynn
    xsabrinalynn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hiiii, I"m a little person! I'm 5'1, currently 118 lbs and a curvy little coke bottle. I'm top heavy and wiiiiiiiide hips. My "goal" weight would be 110-113 lbs... but if my stomach were toned, I think I'd be okay with anything between 110-118. I started at 138 lbs, lost my first 20 lbs in 6 months on a 1200 calorie/day diet with 4-5 day of high calorie burn exercise. I maintained that for 3 months then gained 2-3 lbs over the holidays. I've upped my calories to 1500/day but it's still below my "maintenance". Balancing working full time, school and working out/eating healthier is a little hard to manage, but I'm workin' at it.

My problem area is that damn stomach pudge! I've lost weight in my arms and my legs, I can see that. I can't tell a difference in my stomach, but I know I've lost something cause I've dropped a pant size. Tone, tone, tone!!
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Im 4ft 10in
    medium small frame
    curvy Ive always had a butt,thighs so on
    cw 134
    wieght jan 1st 2013 150
    ugw 105

age 29

wieght from two pregnancies 19 months apart,youngest turns a year march 9th for a time frame reference.

in 2008 I was 105 fit and healthy size 2 or 4 in pants petites or 5 in juniours.

old measurements I miss
    34B
    37 maybe someday)

at 119 size 6 pants petites.

before 1st pregnancy 2010 119 after 150.
    before 2nd pregnancy 2011,150wieght , gained 11 lbs lost 11 lbs right after ,after 150

At 150 size 12 pants petites at cw 134.5 size 10 in dresses and havent tried pants yet.

dont know what my pants size will be at my gw since Im sure my hips will stay wider.They werent small before.

my measurements today being brave here btw no one knows these
    34D
    anyone have measurements like mine ?
  • RMNPHike
    RMNPHike Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done on losing 16 pounds this year! I would say you're on the right track. It can definitely take a while to lose the "baby fat".
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done on losing 16 pounds this year! I would say you're on the right track. It can definitely take a while to lose the "baby fat".

thank you I needed that :)
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 yrs old, 5'0", currently 165lbs. I would say I"m medium boned? My goal weight is 127lbs right now. When I get closer, we shall see. My calorie goal, before exercise, is 1370.
  • nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Well, this is kind of embarrassing. I'm a 5'1 GUY! Most of my life I've been teased or have been the basis of many jokes. Throughout the years I've learned to cope with it. I'm at 159 lb. I dropped to 153, but regained 6 lb. and bf% dropped to 17%.

Tall or short... anything is possible!

My SON is 5', eats about 1300 cal/day (sedentary lifestyle teaching) and maintains his 115lbs body that way.
    He is married with 2 kids, so no need to be embarassed by your stature. His friends called him shorty until he graduated, then he told them to stop and they did.
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm just a smidge under 5'2" and 32 years, but am short by most people's standards.

I started out at 141 lbs 13 months ago, and am currently hovering around 99-100 lbs. I've just started maintenance on Dr's orders (they told me not to lose anymore weight for various health reasons), and am still trying to figure out the calories that will not cause me to keep losing. I suspect I will maintain at around 2400 a day though (I am a very active person).

I've got a medium sized frame and have large shoulders due to decades of swimming training. So while I can wear size 0 pants, I still need a size 2-4 top. It's been extremely frustrating going shopping for new pants/jeans, because size 0 is almost impossible to find in Australia as they seem to think nobody is *really* that size. Time for some internet shopping I think!
  • HashtolaNashoba
    HashtolaNashoba Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0, of a medium build and about 130 lbs right now. It is the biggest I have ever been, and I am looking to get a healthier 115 range. I consume about 1200 a day, but have trouble really getting into my exercises. :/
  • tabby317
    Options
    im glad im not the only one with jelly legs! :tongue:
  • merry_abandon
    merry_abandon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm 5', started at 127 lbs. I'm 119 lbs. currently, and my ultimate goal is to be 105-110, with a toned, fit body. I've definitely noticed a bit of a change in my legs, but I carry my weight in my middle, so I'd love to see more change there!
  • Coquette6
    Coquette6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow citizens of Never Have To Duck-istan. I'm 5'0.5" (yes, that half an inch is important!). I'm currently 125.5lbs, started at 128.4 and (I think) somewhere around 27% BF. I don't have a goal weight in mind. I'd like to be around 22% BF. I'm doing NROL4W, so I'm eating around 1600-1800 calories a day. I don't lose much weight, but I am shrinking (luckily width wise, not height wise!).
  • jess6741
    jess6741 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 23yo. I started at 137 and am now at 107. I'd like to be around 100-103. I really love working out, it's definitley my diet that I need to get in check. Good luck everyone!
  • Sunshine2911
    Options
    I looking for friends for support! I am 5'1, small boned. I used to be 125. I am currently 116 and looking to weigh between 103-105. I am currently eating healthy, watching my portions and working out. I am here for support! Losing weight has not been easy for me but I am dedicated to meet my goals. Good Luck!
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • Climbing_Bean
    Climbing_Bean Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I am 5ft to 5"1 depending on the time of day. This forum makes me happy, that other short people have similar struggles as me, especially with the exercise equipment. I make it as small as it will go and I still cant reach.

As for diet, I am about 1440 calories per day eating back what I run off. Progress is slow, but I will get back to my goal weight of 115. Any advice for college student eating? Dining halls do make it hard.

Oh and the best way of expressing our shortness...................we are just concentrated AWESOME!!!!