• rafa46
    rafa46 Posts: 18
    Options
    Just under the half hour. Well done!
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    36:18 and I was THRILLED

My bitterest running time: 30:02!! I was trying soooo hard to get under that 30 minute mark and some arsehole cut me off at the last second!! GRR

My fastest: 29:12 (I threw up afterwards. I am just not meant to run fast, lol)
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome post! I'm going to be doing my first 5K in July and I had no idea what times were good! :smile: Congrats on your 5K and wish me luck please= from the looks of other peoples times I need it!!! LOL :laugh:
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I still haven't run a second 5k, some are coming up soon so I'll probably do one in April!
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I did my first 5km race in the fall (after 6 months of running) and finished in 27:31 mins. I haven't run any races since, but will start once the spring hits and I hope to be at around the 26:00 mark.
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My first 5k was done at my personal throw up pace of 26:26......keep running! Pretty soon you will be running Half Marathons!
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Exactly. I was one of the last runners to cross the finish line, but everyone was still cheering and excited for me. And I still ran it faster than my fiance who didn't run it at all! lol

You finished and that awesome. I still can't even finish a 5K. Be very proud of yourself.
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've only done one 5k race (I've done a fair amount of racing but at longer distances), and my time was 23:08.
  • starlite_79
    starlite_79 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    my first 5k was on 9/8/2012, ran it in 39:27. my subsequent race times have been as follows:
    10/13/2012 run in 39:03
    10/27/2012 run in 39:58 (was ill the day before & not used to the hilly course)
    11/24/2012 run in 36:12
    1/1/2013 run in 37:17
    2/9/2013 run in 34:39 <-- new PR!

i try really hard to run a 5k race approximately once a month, so that it keeps me accountable to continue training. hoping that i continue to see improvements in my times.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I ran my first one last year and was right around 33 minutes
  • cmmustlose
    Options
    Thanks for starting this topic! I haven't done a 5k yet but I have one coming up in May and then another one in July. I've been finishing 3.1 miles on a treadmill at around 45-47 minutes but that's on a treadmill lol my goal is to do it in less than 40 when the real thing rolls around.
  • MarieG2023
    MarieG2023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome time! My initial 5k time was 45 minutes.
  • amann_84
    amann_84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My first 5K was a 36:36 and by the end of year I was down to 26:11.
  • caroldeanda
    caroldeanda Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My first 5k time was 45min but that was with no training or prep work....I just decided I wanted to do it, the next one I do I am excited to see where I am at since I have lost 30lbs since then and also am working out now and am in better shape ;-)
  • amypomm
    amypomm Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I ran my 1st one at 200 pounds in 44:41. Im hoping the one I run in the end of April will be better. I'll be 25 pounds lighter.
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My first 5K was a year ago this weekend. I ran it in 38:43 which I was very happy with. My current fastest time is 31:30.

Now I'm working my way up...same event but longer distance this weekend. Running my first 10K Saturday! Hoping to finish in under 70 minutes.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    mine was like 60minutes , was once a fat f#k
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! 32:00 is awesome! I did my first 5k before I even 'graduated' from the couch to 5k program. So, I was running/walking and I did it in 37:08. My next 5k I was still running/walking because of family illnesses setbacks in training, but I was happy that I improved my time and did it in 36:36. We are doing a 10k in March and I am hoping to run the entire 5k plus some. I am such a slacker in training so you are inspiring me to do better.... :smile: Kudos to you!!!!
  • kmmpink
    kmmpink Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    43 minutes was my first 5k time. That was 3 years ago. I'm hoping to do another one next month.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    My first one I finished at 43 min. The last one 2 months ago I finished at 29 min. Now I have a 5k this weekend and I'm hopping I can be under 29 min.