Recess Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake - 3 WW points!

Options
heathersmilez
heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
I haven’t tested this yet but considering the multitude of positive ratings from the orginal site (especially from parents) I can’t wait!

Recess Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake

½ cup 1% chocolate milk
1 snack-size fat-free Jello chocolate pudding cup
1 tbsp peanut butter
3 Splenda packets (0-calorie)
1 cup crushed ice
Light cool whip on top (optional)

Directions: Place all ingredients (except cool whip) in blender. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes until blended. Pour into 2 glasses, add cool whip to top (* not calculated in calories)

WW Points: 3 (serves 2)

Nutrition: 140 calories, 4.9 grams of fat, 0.9 fiber, 16.4 sugar, 17.9 carbs, 163 mg sodum.

Original recipe: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=478092

Replies

• ericakgilmore
    Options
    Thank you! I can't wait to try this!!
  • amyepugh
    amyepugh Posts: 3
    Options
    :love: This sounds delicious! And I'm a huge Reece's PBcup fan, so thanks for the recipe!
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Sounds yummy!
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Options
    serves 2? C'mon, that's so tiny why bother? Obviously I'm here to lose weight & have some food problem if I'm overweight but this type of tiny portion is what makes me binge. I get a taste & it's gone. I want more. In my case, I'd allow for both servings & make sure I'd have the points or calories in my day. Just my opinion.
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Personally I would rather have my chocolate/banana protein shake after a good workout.

1 scoop of Nulife- Todietfor plain protein powder
    1/2 of a small frozen banana
    8 oz of Almond Breeze unsweetened chocolate
    a hand full of ice

Makes approx 10 - 12 oz Calories 120 Fat 4 Carbs 16 Fibre 2 Protein 9 Sugar 6 Sodium 231

151232.png
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    bump
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    serves 2? C'mon, that's so tiny why bother? Obviously I'm here to lose weight & have some food problem if I'm overweight but this type of tiny portion is what makes me binge. I get a taste & it's gone. I want more. In my case, I'd allow for both servings & make sure I'd have the points or calories in my day. Just my opinion.

The #1 reason people don’t stick to diets is because they are limiting. Enyoing everything in moderation is key to a successful new healthy and happy lifestyle.

I personally would love to eat the whole thing as well and may just do that but again, this is just a dessert not a meal so sharing a treat will help you stay on track.

With regards to the protein option, yes chocolate/banana/protein is very popular but peanut butter is too often neglected. Plus if you are like me, you already get enough protein in your diet and the powder is just way to many calories and not very pleasant tasting.
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The nulife powder is 60 cals for 2 scoops, I only use one scoop. And as far as peanut butter goes I can use the Bell Platation PB at 50 cals rather than your average PB that has icing sugar in it. And... it tastes fine to me.

151232.png
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Options
    the #1 reason people don’t stick to diets is because they are limiting. Enjoying everything in moderation is key to a successful new healthy and happy lifestyle.

I personally would love to eat the whole thing as well and may just do that but again, this is just a dessert not a meal so sharing a treat will help you stay on track.

there is moderation & then there is teasing yourself into wanting more. I can have a scoop of ice cream in a bowl no cone & walk away. Ive even had a spoonful of ice cream to taste something that my fiance had & walked away.

You're already in moderation in my opinion when your dessert snack is half a cup of 1% milk & a sugar free pudding cup. I'm sorry but that's really nothing. What are you going to do if you live alone, put it in the fridge? You'd be better off making half.

To me moderation would be having ice cream once every few weeks in summer, not everyday.

I don't know why the size of this thing ruffled my feathers the way it did but it did. It's just like grab all your ingredients & walk away w/ 3 tbsp, mmm that hit the spot. But that's just me. You obviously handle your moderation better.