3 Day Military Diet.

Options

Replies

• agidavis
    agidavis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey Peps.

Me and the hubby tried it. I lost 3lbs and he lost 5lbs. Despite the fact that we did eat 1200cal a day we were still STARVING.
    After all it was worth nothing gained it all back not even in 5 days.

I though why not try it just to mix up the game, sounded doable was completly worthless 3 days of starving for no reason.

The idea is that you do it all the time like 3days a week for like a month and then you start on it again, but who could starve for that long?

Sorry:(
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    You should just goin the army and lose weight that way.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    That's what I was thinking too. ^ To both of you.

But it's not only three days. That's misleading.

It's three days on the diet, then four days of eating like you normally do. Then back to the diet another three days, and four more like normal. And this can go on as long as you want, but I read a month would be about normal.

I mean I really don't have too much weight left to lose, so I definitely would not be doing something like that long term.

A guy at work has been doing it for 4 months now and has steadily lost weight. However, I think it is stupid and absolutely not the way to lose weight.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    3 Day Military Diet.

Doesnt the topic say it all? LMAO! Probably better fasting for 48 hours.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Don't do it... it does not provide you with nearly enough energy or nutrients.

And the claims that it allows you to lose up to 10lbs in those three days... you would have to eat nothing and exercise all day in order to lose 10lbs of fat.

Anything you lose on this diet you gain right back.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people would intentionally eat so little. It's so bad for you. It took me months to overcome a calorie deficit like that one.. Once your body adjust to it and doesn't give you hunger signals it's very hard to get back to eating normally. Everyday I have ro remember to eat, everyday I have to remind myself that it's lunch time and I need to eat something.

You'll lose weight. You'd have to. That doesn't make it healthy or something you can maintain. I ate that many calories for months unintentionally and it's not fun to kick yourself out of it. I struggle to eat enough calories still and it's been almost 3 months, I still have not recovered completely from eating so little.

They've run every test on me they can think of and have determined that it was simply malnurishment that caused my problems in November. Will 3 days alone cause this? No. But why even risk it? 3 days for me will catapult me right back into everyday, because that's how my body works. I know this because I stil have days where I gross (not net) 800 calories, 1 day turns into 2 which turns into a week without me even realizing it and even with exercise and proper sleep I wake up not hungry the next day and I have to force myself to eat enough.

Also.. when you go back to eating enough you won't lose weight.. your body will hold onto it. (which is where I am now). I'm not complaining, just a fact.

Also, Dont' do it. Hospital bills are expensive, especially if you lose control of the diet or have it turn into everyday.. like happened to me.. (I didn't do it intentionally though)
  • Dementedllama
    Dementedllama Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    If the doctor told me I had only 4 days to live, I guess I'd give something called the 3 day diet a try.

If the doctor told me I had only 31 days to live, I guess I'd be interested in a workout called the 30 Day Shred.

If the doctor told me that I had 7 weeks to live, maybe 6 Week 6 Pack would be worth a shot.

But since right now I'm planning a living a long time, any diet or fitness plan that only lasts a few days or weeks is not something worth considering

If I was given three days to live I surely wouldn't be dieting during them. Even in 30.
  • Dementedllama
    Options
    This is how I look at it - is it something you could healthily and successfully maintain over a lifetime? If so, give it a try. If not, run the heck away from it!

Eat less. Move more. Good luck!!

Wrong. Eating less is not helpful.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    3 day diet? That sounds like it'll give you long-lasting results.
  • Dementedllama
    Options
    All "diets" are stupid. Listen to your body. Do your own research with your own body to find what works for you. Stop trying to find the "easy" way -- the only way that will work for you is your way.

I wan't looking for an "easy way." I'm researching.

I don't know why I post topics on here, when everyone is so judgmental and harsh.
  • seejai13
    seejai13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who did it and she was happily boasting about losing 4 pounds by the second day. I don't really think it's possible that that hardly an of that was actually fat, I'm sure the rest of it was just an emptier stomach and less water weight. I'm sure it could be done as sort of a "cleanse" or to just start a diet, but I'm sure it'd come right back on
  • i think this is the best advice i have seen all night! that was really insperational, thank you!
  • If the doctor told me I had only 4 days to live, I guess I'd give something called the 3 day diet a try.

If the doctor told me I had only 31 days to live, I guess I'd be interested in a workout called the 30 Day Shred.

If the doctor told me that I had 7 weeks to live, maybe 6 Week 6 Pack would be worth a shot.

But since right now I'm planning a living a long time, any diet or fitness plan that only lasts a few days or weeks is not something worth considering
  • i love this advice! :love:
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    If the doctor told me I had only 4 days to live, I guess I'd give something called the 3 day diet a try.

Except that 30 Day Shred is a fabulous workout that, over the course of 2 months, (I do it every other day mixed in with running) has caused me to drop nearly 30 pounds.... it's also something that can be done over and over again. I understand the intent of this advice, and I think OP that this diet sounds ludicrous, but there are different approaches to lifelong fitness. Just sayin.
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    This is how I look at it - is it something you could healthily and successfully maintain over a lifetime? If so, give it a try. If not, run the heck away from it!

Eating less is not helpful? I think you may have misunderstood - I didn't mean less "often" - I meant less calories.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I wasn't looking for an "easy way." I'm researching.

I don't know why I post topics on here, when everyone is so judgmental and harsh.

Question: are you still wondering if the Military Diet is a good thing for you to try? I'm betting that you and anyone else that's been lurking no longer have any delusions about if it works or not. Your feelings may be hurt, but you won't waste your time on that bull****.

THAT'S why you post topics on here.
  • Dementedllama
    Options

Eating less is not helpful? I think you may have misunderstood - I didn't mean less "often" - I meant less calories.

I didn't misunderstand.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    What I don't get are the foods chosen for this diet. WHY hot dogs? WHY Saltine crackers? Why not Ritz crackers or cold cut sandwiches? Why ice cream? Why is this diet comprised of such insanely arbitrarily chosen foods?
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    [...]Eat less. Move more. Good luck!!
    I didn't misunderstand.

I get you, OP. Everyone knows there's some sort of correlation between eating less and losing weight. BUT, what is it, and how do you make sure you're satisfied but not gaining weight - - or not starving yourself and hurting yourself.

"Eat less" is not helpful with those questions.

I don't have much to add about the military diet but if you'd like to chat about health and nutrition and what "eating the right amount" might be, I'm all about taking this thread in a positive direction!! :flowerforyou: :smile: