I Bid you all hello

Options
Brand new (to the site) not so brand new to the app. (Wait does that make sense?). Moving on. 34 year old professional dude who allowed food and video games to over-shadow my love of tennis and the outdoors thus piling on 75 lbs post completing graduate school. Naturally I made excuses for ears, such as: "My work is stressful that is why I eat" or "I work all day so I don't have time to cook". The typical BS we convince ourselves in true when they are just crutches.

I am seeing a nutritionist and recently joined the gym. I have been "changing my lifestyle" for about 3.5 weeks. I have increased the distance (significantly) and time allotment (also significantly) of when I walk my dogs and I also now walk them twice per day (if weather is permitting). On top of that I go to the gym around 9:00 pm for approximately 60 minutes of cardio utilizing the elliptical or the treadmill. I am already amazed at the difference in how I feel just ~4 weeks into this. My energy level is drastically different (no more get home from work naps). I crave exercise and feel restless when I am not doing something physically (tapping my feet, shaking my knees, tapping my fingers etc).

MY heartburn is GONE which I assume is mostly due to the diet change. If someone tells you that Wendy's Baconator burgers and large fries can't cause heartburn - you should punch that person in the face, scream loudly and run away.

After a month (give or take) of this "routine" I am going to start incorporating strength training (a trainer I spoke with mentioned 5x5) and will work that in 3 times per week.

Oh, umm - I have two dogs (Digby & Norman), I live alone (best thing in the entire f'ing world) and I volunteer a crap ton. I also like video games (pc) and reading and do not own a television.

So that's me and I bid you hello.

Replies

• emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hello :) Looking for friends? You can add me if you want :)
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Hi *waves* you seem like fun!
  • thefarside79
    Options
    Thanks. I believe I am in fact a fun person. Although, I am quite certain it is subjective and many around me would disagree. :-)
  • deb62pink
    deb62pink Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi, sounds like you are on the right track!! welcome to MFP and enjoy the support you can get, and keep up the great work :smile:
  • AnimePrincess13
    AnimePrincess13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Oh I only have one dog (Bosa) But love my PC games and to read. I do own a TV though but watch only a few shows. But I had the same excuses that you had and now in the same boat, plus some after just having a baby 11 months ago. Down most of that but still have the before to get rid of. Feel free to add me, I don't use a gym but I am stating Insanity again. Never got to finish teh first time as I got pregnant. :)
  • coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me:)