No Carbs after 6!

Options
13»

Replies

• jnknzxD
    jnknzxD Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    @Luper; I'm actually not eating only 1250 calories, I think someone just pulled that number up. I actually don't know how much calories I am eating at the moment, but I'm sure soon to find out when I start counting again! :D
    I used to eat sweet potato a lot.. thought it was bad because it was sweet though lol.

@Basillowe66; That sounds good to me, people used to say; have a big breakfast, moderate lunch and minimal dinner.

@Tina; Well the problem is I am eating less and moving more but I came to a stop after 6kgs.

@Jenilla; Lol. >__<; Sucks huh.. It comes up with old timers teaching PT or nutritions.
  • Pink_Tina
    Options

@Tina; Well the problem is I am eating less and moving more but I came to a stop after 6kgs.

JnknzxD, I had this problem in January. After I Iost 50 pounds (I just walked and ate under my cals), I kept bouncing between 171 and 170. I lowered my calories from 1400 to 1300 thinking that would help. Did it for three weeks. Nope. I only lost .06 pounds total. I asked around and was told to start lifting and eat more. So, I recently upped my calories from 1300 to 1450 and I'm losing again. I plan to bump up to 1550 next week and then to 1650 after that since I started lifting heavy 3x a week. I need that extra energy to get my squats over 70 pounds. I'm only at 60 right now.

Anyway, that's just what's worked for me. Hope you find something that works for you!
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Just have more veg. i normally have 2 or more portions of veg. You soon get use to it. Or you could always have cauliflour rice or mash
  • graciepecie
    graciepecie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    @Chad; Does that mean I can still eat before I sleep?
    Because I also heard that you should wait AT LEAST 30 minutes before you sleep because your systems slow down whilst you sleep... Well, according to what I learn in my nursing and psychology courses.

@Skeywood; Cr01502; But carbs 'turns into' fat when it's not used, so if you sleep after you eat, your carbs/energy isn't being used as much as you being awake?

Not true, because you burn a lot while you are a sleep. Ever tried standing on a scale in the evening en then in the morning. In the morning you always weigh less then in the evening. So apparently your body is doing 'something' while you're a sleep :D LOL
  • Jooliebean
    Jooliebean Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sautéed spinach/greens...baked yucca...real wild rice is great for you...plantains...broccoli mash...nut pâté...sauteed zucchini...small green salad...roasted veggies...cider vinegar tossed sliced cabbage...marinated mushrooms...lemon asparagus...you could try some tofu side dishes...mini tofu quiche...marinated tofu...any extra veggie is always a good choice though. :) ...and you should definitely try that cauliflower "rice" recipe...or jicama rice. Similar to that rice texture. :). So many fulfilling side options! Good luck!
  • Eat2Win
    Eat2Win Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    During this past month I've finally done a serious daily log on my fitness pal of my food intake. I eat from the time I get up, 7ish till I got to bed 10ish. Each time I decide I want to eat or drink something I contemplate the days "allowance" and mentally breakdown
    what I may want to ingest. Since I love to eat the heavier carbs toward dinner and evening, I make sure the daytime has lower carbs in my choices. It takes some time to study what you enjoy. So, I found after the past month of eating what I want and even higher carbs after 6, as long as I was within my fitness pal prescription diet numbers, I lost my first 4 lbs. If you love carbs at night, eat lesser earlier in the day. Study the foods you love and what the carbs are in them, in time you will learn. Good luck!!
  • robertwang71697
    Options
    There is an online database with about 2,000 foods with zero carbs here:
    http://foodhealth.info/no-carb-diet/