Salad Dressing?

Whats a good tasty salad dressing? Will I sacrifice taste for fat grams? It seems like I am weighing salt/sugar concerns when selecting a dressing. What is everyone else finding thats tasty?

Thanks in advance I am making my grocery list.

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    I like Bolthouse Farms Chunky Blue Cheese yogurt-based dressing--35 calories for 2 tablespoons. Also Maple Grove does a line of low fat or fat-free dressings that are quite good and in the same calorie range (30-40 cals for 2 tablespoons).

Ken's light Honey Mustard is higher calorie than these (70 for 2 tablespoons) but is quite good. I dumped some over chicken breast in my Crock Pot last week, and thought it turned out well.

I don't know the salt/sugar for any of them off the top of my head, so check the labels before you buy if that's a concern for you.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Anoth vote for Bolthouse yogurt dressings. The Ranch is yummy, too, and they have a great Caesar as well as the Bleu Cheese. 2T for 35-45 calories. I also like A lot of different light vineagrette style dressings.
  • twentyco
    twentyco Posts: 70 Member
    Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressing (in the refrigerated section at the grocery store). I really like the Ranch --- tastes almost the same as "regular" ranch to me, but only 45 cals.
  • viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 71 Member
    Olive oil + balsamic vinegar + mustards + honey = super good and yummy dressing for all type of salads :)
  • Kurrupt1922
    Kurrupt1922 Posts: 53 Member
    Marie's - Italian Vinigrette, I love it. I get it from Publix,. I have not seen it at Walmart. It's also in the refrigerated section at the grocery store.

http://www.maries.com/default.aspx?nav=top
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    I like to thin out hummus with a bit of water until you can drizzle it and use that as a salad dressing. It's really good, especially if you use different flavors of hummus. Also, if you're a fan of ranch dressing you can thin out fat free sour cream with some milk and season it with garlic powder, dill, salt and pepper and it's a really good substitute. :)
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    I drizzle olive oil over all my salads, that is all :happy:
  • Deedee0075
    Deedee0075 Posts: 78 Member
    Kraft Free Zesty Italian....15 calories per serving.
  • Deedee0075
    Deedee0075 Posts: 78 Member
    Kraft Free Zesty Italian....15 calories per serving.

I buy bulk when this stuff is on sale.
  • Olde Cape Cod
    All Natural Toated Sesame soy and ginger it's my favorite.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Ooo I like my salads naked! I do like Seafood Sauce though :)
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    I don't use salad dressing. Typically I sub just vinegar, or sour cream, or maybe even cottage cheese. Salsa works pretty well too.
  • Newman's Own Olive OIl and Vinegar is the only dressing I use.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Make my own, red wine vinegar / olive oil black pepper or olive oil , black pepper fresh lime juice..
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Olde Cape Cod
    All Natural Toated Sesame soy and ginger it's my favorite.
    This^ and Maple Grove Farms Lite and Fat free dressings. They have no high fructose corn syrup and are really really good!! Also Annie's Goddess Lite dressing. Yummm :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Better yet stop eating salads, they're for rabbits
  • laurengaugler
    laurengaugler Posts: 45 Member
    I don't use salad dressing ... salsa is my substitute!
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Well greek vanilla yogurt, 1 tblspoon apple cider vinegar, and 1 or 2 drops of liquid stevia makes something that tastes like Miricle Whip that can then be watered down.
  • valeriemholden
    valeriemholden Posts: 27 Member
    I like to thin out hummus with a bit of water until you can drizzle it and use that as a salad dressing. It's really good, especially if you use different flavors of hummus. Also, if you're a fan of ranch dressing you can thin out fat free sour cream with some milk and season it with garlic powder, dill, salt and pepper and it's a really good substitute. :)

What a great idea! I love hummus and will have to try this.
  • leradoms
    leradoms Posts: 22 Member
    I like to mix 1 part low-fat sour cream, 1 part fat free plain yougrt (or just one), with one part something acidic and then add some herbs.
    My fav: sour cream, yogurt, salsa (perfect for taco salad)