What to eat while sick??

Options
I had a banana this morning and that immediately came back up. I haven't had anything else to eat today and to be honest I'm not particularly hungry, but I feel like I should eat something.

Is there something that I should be eating? or do you have any recommations that don't upset a stomach too much?

Replies

• jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    Whole wheat crackers and light chicken soup, I think its might be Campbells chicken selects or something like that. Sorry you don't feel well.
  • enromero
    enromero Posts: 104
    Options
    I currently have strep so I havent been able to eat...i did go buy me some pudding, jello, and applesauce. Try some of them...well if its ur stomach I wouldnt get the pudding cause its milk based but u might be able to keep down the jello and applesauce.

Erin
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Try sticking to liquids, and I would say to stay away from dairy products.
  • sweet4keeps22
    sweet4keeps22 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Aww, so sorry you don't feel well. I'd start with broth if you're not keeping down a banana. A light (but be sure it's not greesy) soup. Toast is a good option. Applesauce if you have some, preferably the unsweetened kind.
  • roadchic18
    roadchic18 Posts: 128
    Options
    I always gave my girls ginger ale and maybe some dry toast or saltines. From there maybe you could move onto some broth. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I had food poisoning earlier this week, so I know how you feel.

Your best bet is to stick to the "B.R.A.T." diet: B - Bread, R - Rice, A - Applesauce/juice, T - Tea (or Toast).

I really like apple sauce, and get the natural, no sugar-added kind. If you like gingerale, try the diet canada dry, and saltines. That's what I 'ate' on monday. And the chicken noodle soup is always a good idea, just make sure you're getting in your liquids :drinker: because of the high sodium content in soups.

I hope you feel better! :flowerforyou:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Ginger anything will help with your stomach, along with ginger ale, sprite or 7up... also, chicken broth and some light crackers. I would say if you eat chicken noodle, don't eat anything but the broth.