Awkward gym moments...

Options

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    This morning, I was in the shower...the lady next to me was making...noises one might make in other places...if you know what I mean. Supremely awkward. Who needs to make those sounds in the shower?! I don't care how good the hot water feels!

What are some of your awkward moments at the gym?

See, THIS is why I should be showering in the ladies locker room. Discrimination sucks.

Dude...let's just put it this way. She was not a young woman. She wasn't a middle-aged woman.

Far more awkward. I'm not trying to be rude or hurtful-I don't care what her age is...in-approp.

Oh sure, ruin it for me. A rich fantasy life is all I got! :grumble:

Aww :laugh:
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Whats wrong with making noises in the shower at the gym? I dont get it..

Inappropriate noises....I don't see the need to moan with pleasure...loudly...and at frequent intervals.

Relief moan and sex moans kinda sound the same. Maybe her muscles were hurting from the workout.
  • EvilDollee
    EvilDollee Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    That moment when you are in the squat rack with tunes blaring, and you push up so hard that you fart, and you are not sure how loud it is!

I kind of did the same thing but I was on the elliptical and I sneezed, letting one out but everyone around me had their music blasting so I was just worried if there was a smell.... so embarrassing.
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    That moment when you are in the squat rack with tunes blaring, and you push up so hard that you fart, and you are not sure how loud it is!

Thank you for making me LOL. Literally.

me too!! LMAO!!!

also happens to me when on the treadmill or stretching.
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    In order:

1 - long trouser leg getting caught on the peddle in my spin class, right bum cheek exposed followed by sweaty tugging of the trouser which ripped all the bottom

2 - breaking wind while doing a sit up with loud music on my ipod so NO idea who heard and how loud!

3-dropping my ipod on the treadmill and it flying off and hitting the back wall narrowly missing about 3 people in the process

Did number 2 again yesterday, except this time minus the ipod
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Getting repeated disdainful looks from a lady who obviously thought I was sat on the bench perving at her. Reality was that she was between me and the clock, and I was timing my rest periods...
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I was on the bench in the locker room tying my shoes, and a guy in his 60's came from the shower with no towel. He stood at the locker next to me with his junk at my eye level. Just stood there... The whole time his junk was less than 2 feet away from me. Put on a damn towel!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Its not awkward for me but to watch a new years resolution go down in flames from a newbie being shot off the treadmill is hilarious.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I was on the bench in the locker room tying my shoes, and a guy in his 60's came from the shower with no towel. He stood at the locker next to me with his junk at my eye level. Just stood there... The whole time his junk was less than 2 feet away from me. Put on a damn towel!

I just spit coffee everywhere...I am not sure what part disturbs me more...the old man doing that or you not immediately getting up and moving....too funny!
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options

hahahaha!!! Hopefully, someone's grunt camoflauged your ppfrrrrrrrtttt, or PPFRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTT, LOL
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My gym has separate shower rooms with doors that you can lock. Because of that, a lot of funny business goes on.

The most awkard moment I've had is when I walked into the family locker room to get my son's swimming trunks. I was fumbling with the locker next to one of the shower bathrooms and 2 people stumbled out completely giddy. I thought it was kind of weird, but dimissed it. All of the other restrooms were taken so I had to run in there to go. It REAKED of sex. You know what smell I'm talking about.

At least they were making the most out of their workout time.

Sounds like best gym ever.
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    This!

Also, when you are trying to get changed in the locker room and there is a girl chatting to her friend sitting on the bench directly behind you. She has no business in the dressing room because she's already changed and her friend is 5 feet from you. I'm sweaty, gross and smell and need a shower. Back off!
  • patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    When girls think I'm following them in the gym because the machine they're using just so happens to be in front of the squat rack/bench/power rack/dumbbell rack/pull-up bar/dips/cable machine/the corner I t-bar row in. Or perhaps they're following me?

I hate this too. When a guy or girl is on the same routine as me - flat bench, incline, ... and you start following them. So awkward.
  • JonathanBB
    Options
    In order:

1 - long trouser leg getting caught on the peddle in my spin class, right bum cheek exposed followed by sweaty tugging of the trouser which ripped all the bottom

2 - breaking wind while doing a sit up with loud music on my ipod so NO idea who heard and how loud!

3-dropping my ipod on the treadmill and it flying off and hitting the back wall narrowly missing about 3 people in the process

Did number 2 again yesterday, except this time minus the ipod

So. How loud was it?
  • JonathanBB
    Options
    Farting doing sit-ups.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    At the gym I go to, years ago they had a hottub in each locker room. I would use it as a treat to myself for having worked out really hard and always looked forward to it, so I used it often. There was a door near it that the maintenance man had access to the pump, chemicals, etc., and I would ALWAYS hear someone back there. He never opened the door but there was a crack where you could see he was back there. It always creeped me out a bit but I just brushed it off as 'being in my head' or whatever because he was always noisy, not like he was sneaking around. Then one day the hottub was for sale and then a few weeks later I read in the paper that the guy was arrested for PEEPING on the women in there. Ewwwwwww.
  • Br4ndi
    Br4ndi Posts: 177
    Options
    Its not awkward for me but to watch a new years resolution go down in flames from a newbie being shot off the treadmill is hilarious.

Same here, but I didn't know whether it was right to keep running or stop. I'm not a Dr, 911 was called but do I keep running. I got off an started weights, it just felt wrong to keep running.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I was at a swimming pool locker room when I started to get changed. Some dude didn't want to get athletes foot from the floor so he was drying himself off while standing on the bench with his junk at eye level right next to my locker. I told him to point his junk somewhere else and get that thing away from me. And he said "It's a free country." This is the closest I've ever came to punching a guy in his junk.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options

LOL So, what did you do? Keep running or did you stop and check on the person
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I was at a swimming pool locker room when I started to get changed. Some dude didn't want to get athletes foot from the floor so he was drying himself off while standing on the bench with his junk at eye level right next to my locker. I told him to point his junk somewhere else and get that thing away from me. And he said "It's a free country." This is the closest I've ever came to punching a guy in his junk.

Take a small propane burner, a pan, and some bacon to the gym. I think you see where this is heading. It's a free country.