Ladies around 5'11- what is your goal weight?

Options
I'm lindsey! I'm 23, 5'11 and am having the hardest time trying to set a realistic goal!
Would love to hear what some of yours are:)

Replies

• CakePlate
    CakePlate Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I'll tell you what I think. You will find that the target is around 145-159 for a medium frame. I was able to get down to about 145, but I had a hard time maintaining it. I think you've got to figure out where YOU feel best. Depending on your frame, you may be anywhere from 130-165...that's a wide range. Be happy and healthy, it will all work out.
  • missjanetleigh
    missjanetleigh Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me to set my goal at 180, I'm seeing more that maybe I think once I hit that I will take it down to 150. I think that would be a safe goal and obtainable. :)
  • amazon35
    amazon35 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My doc also told me around 180. I'm 6ft 1in. But honestly I do like a bit of healthy meat on my bones. I felt AMAZING at 215. I was wearing a size 12 and had no stomach at all (the perverbal brickhouse). So with that being said you have to figure where you are most comfortable.
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal was 160. I'm now 150 and going for a few pounds less. I have an idea of what I want and that is what I'm going for. It really depends on you. I am actually happy with 170 and 160 as well, I'm just going for a different look this time (and no, it's not skinny) I've never been completely lean and tone so that is my goal. It's all about what you personally feel good with.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 years old, medium frame, 5'11. My first goal was 157 but I surpassed it and dropped to 143, which where I looked like I needed a cheeseburger and since put on 5-6 pounds depending. My new goal is to maintain at or under 150.
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 I would like to be 150-170
  • cjh022
    cjh022 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and originally aiming for 145. I am 147 now and mostly happy with my body. I am working on more "toning" in hopes that my thighs will thin out (even a tiny bit!). Now hoping for 140-145 but shape is more important to me, if I ended up at 150 with more "shape" I'd be happy.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and currently in the 180s (avoiding the scale as it was driving me crazy). I'd love to be 150 because I know I'd feel best there, but it is impossible to maintain. I will have to learn to accept 160 since I've been there and lower a few times, and switch my focus to toning up. Set a realistic goal then re evaluate once you're there :)
  • lindseysomething
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I went from 222 down to 180(I've gained a bunch back since then) but the entire time I didn't change a pants size;( it's driving me crazy. I'm forever stuck in a size 16.
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, and my goal weight is 180 or 170.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    im 5 foot 10, 32 years old, and have had 5 children. i started at 246, currently 187, and my goal weight is 155-160.
  • margueritens
    Options
    I'm also 23 and 5'11" at 200. My current goal is 178 because I probably haven't weighed that much since middle school. Plus that will put me at a normal BMI. Once I hit that goal I'll see how I feel about maintaining or getting slimmer. I would prefer curves and muscles over a low number on the scale. Even though I technically have an overweight bmi I also can do a lt physically-sometimes its hard to remember that.

I feel like taller, naturally larger formed women often have the same issues.

Good to have a community here who can truly understand!
  • stellabobella79
    stellabobella79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'3" and I'm currently around 180, but I want to get back down to 165, which is my pre baby weight.
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'11 aswell, currently 145 (Down 23 lbs) aiming to be 138 but I know it'll take alot of hard work to drop the last 7 lbs. my lowest ever was 132 but was completely unsustainable for me, i think its kinda more about when you feel comfortable than trying to gauge yourself against others (easier said than done i know) but best of luck! feel free to add me if you want :-)
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My goal is 174. I got down to that weight two summers ago and LOVED it. So now I'd like to get there.

This time though I'm also doing a ton more strength training and eating better, so hopefully I'll look even better at that weight then before.
  • ValkyrieWrath
    Options
    My doc also told me around 160-180, course that's the range for my BMI at 6' even.

I'm really shooting for 190 at this point to be realistic but I have a long way to go.

Have to tell ya though, I remember when I was 15 and wearing size 14 @ 200-210ish and looked great. Skinny was never in my realm, I'm a frick'n Amazon! Toned and fit however definintely are and I'm looking forward to see a size 14 again LOL

I don't think taller means smaller, get some meat on them bones and just look healthy! Know that you're comfortable with where you are once you hit it, and just maintain that. :) Healthy=Happy
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Alot of tall women on here =)
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'10" and my goal weight is around 175lbs :)
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" with a goal of 160 (give or take)

I'm currently 180lbs, started at 245lbs. My display picture shows where I'm currently at.

ETA: My pant size is 11 if that helps as well.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and shooting for about 170. I think it's healthy for me and will put me in about a size 10/12 which is where I'm happy (currently at a 14/16 and not liking that very much). Anything less than 170 and I start looking scrawny, and I'm trying to avoid that.

I don't think it's a one size fits all situation, and weight is a pretty bad indicator of health/fitness anyway (although if you're obviously way too overweight or underweight, then the scale is certainly a helpful tool).