Has any one tried CLA?

Options
So I was watching Dr. Oz and I notice he mentioned CLA... to make a long story short I am now using it and was wondering of anyone else has and what type of results did you get while using it. Did it help at all with the loss of belly fat?

Replies

• CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    If I used everything Dr Oz recommended, I would be broke and fat. JMO.

He tends to recommend all kinds of things that have no scientific backing. The guy would promote eating dirt if a company paid him to do it.
  • l3xii
    l3xii Posts: 160
    Options
    If I used everything Dr Oz recommended, I would be broke and fat. JMO.

He tends to recommend all kinds of things that have no scientific backing. The guy would promote eating dirt if a company paid him to do it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: yeah i guess ur right about the fat and broke
    well I have been doing research and about 90% off my research is positive but I wanted some live feedback from people on here.
  • l3xii
    Options
    bump
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Your research must've missed the scientific community.
  • sgirglani
    Options
    I have tried it and it didn't work , i in fact have tried many things he has suggested , none work.
  • akilahleemarie
    akilahleemarie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have been using it for about 3 months now...I have lost weight...BUT..at the same time...I have been eating low calroies and working out...so its really hard to know if it works...or to what extent...and I'm not willing to waste a month of sitting around to see what it does lol...
  • melmckay99
    Options
    Nothing works as good as clean eating and exercise :)
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Bump. I am using it and a friend did too. She lost a lot of inches in the aforementioned area however, she does not take into account the caloric deficit that Herbal Magic had her on as well. She got me to try it and as soon as I am out I am not buying any more. She likes to think that I have lost the almost 20 inches only with CLA (and thanks to her) but reality is, I am logging everything I eat, doing cardio 5x a week and weights at least 2x to 3x a week.

I agree with threads on here, unfortunately, there is no magic pill.

Best of luck. I am interested in others opinions and results so I will monitor this thread
  • Nitro2310
    Nitro2310 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz is a Fraud
  • l3xii
    Options
    I'm not looking for a magic pill I understand what I need to do to lose the weight but I was looking for something to target my abdominal area. Even when I was 50lbs lighter I I still had fat in my mid section that I couldn't get rid of. Thank you all for your input and honest answers
  • mywise
    mywise Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use it and have had good results while on it (its actually in a pre workout I use now)... but Im also strict on eating and exercise..Using it alone without adding everything else such as exercise I havn't done....There really is no way to spot reduce trouble areas and the ab area is always the last to go.... Just keep reducing your overall bodyfat and youll get there....
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    It does zilch. Used it for a year (it's fairly cheap at Costco).
  • mywise
    mywise Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What dosage is everyone taking??? Ive bought some brands that the recommended daily dosage on the bottle doesnt even come close to what I was informed to take...so yes it would for sure b useless....
  • l3xii
    Options
    bump
  • l3xii
    Options
    I found something interesting that supports what Dr. Oz said. Not only have I been using the CLA but I have been taking Calcium with Vitamin D.

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/the-vitamin-d-diet
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I found something interesting that supports what Dr. Oz said. Not only have I been using the CLA but I have been taking Calcium with Vitamin D.

That's an advert, not a peer reviewed scientific study.
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    So I was watching Dr. Oz...

no. (sorry crank :heart: )
  • l3xii
    Options
    true.... well can you help me out here?
  • l3xii
    Options

That's an advert, not a peer reviewed scientific study.

HOW ABOUT THIS?
    http://thyroid.about.com/cs/dietweightloss/a/cla1.htm
    OR
    http://www.exrx.net/Nutrition/Supplements/ConjugatedLinoleicAcid.html
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    true.... well can you help me out here?

there is no such thing as a magic diet shortcut. no pills. no creams. no cleanses. nothing. it's all snake oil designed to fool the gullible and take their money.

as long as your calories in < calories out, you'll lose weight. that's the secret. short of liposuction, that's the only way to remove excess stored fat.

as long as that equation is true, you can eat whatever you want. to be healthy, you'll need to worry about getting the correct nutrition, but how you do that is up to you.

Dr. Oz casts an uncritical eye on all of these weight loss schemes because he knows that's what his viewing audience wants to hear. they want some "get thin quick" scheme where they don't have to put in any effort and they'll just magically lose their 50lbs over the weekend. he may not endorse any of these products, but he gives their "pushers" a platform to push these products and is paid handsomely for doing so.

never waste your money ever again on fad diets or magic pills. save that money and treat yourself to a nice dinner out at a fancy restaurant to reward yourself for losing the weight using the common sense approach... calories in < calories out.