Tattoo to recognize your efforts/goals @ weight loss?

Options

Replies

• cbullock115
    cbullock115 Posts: 110
    Options
    I am getting my first tattoo when I reach my weightloss goal. Mine won't have anything to do with my weight loss though. I am getting 5 stars, one for each person in my family (me, my husband, and my 3 children) and they will each be colored in with the color of their birthstone. I can't wait!!

Oh my gosh, what a great idea! A few weeks ago I went to a tattoo shop with my hubby. I too wanted to get three little stars for our family (while leaving room to add on). Unfortunately the artist seemed a little stoned or messed up to touch my body with a needle so I am still waiting. I never thought about getting them in the colors of birthstones, that's awesome!!! Where did you plan to get yours? I was thinking the inside of my wrist, and small enough to cover with a big bracelet or watch if need be.

I am getting it in the abdomen area, right above the bikini line, hence the reason why I am waiting to reach my goal :-)
  • 30togomoveit
    30togomoveit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    1. How do you quote PART of a quote? I have only been able to figure out how to quote the whole thing?

2. I am thinking (I HATE this term b/c I am not a tramp) but a tramp stamp! Seems to be universal and easy enough to hide/show. I don't know for sure yet.
  • dmcpage
    dmcpage Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Mine so far have been very symbolic and indicative of my health and are very location-specific on my body closest to where I was sick. Once I hit another goal, I was planning on getting another one that I had made some edits to the design...but I am not 100% sold on the idea yet (probably because I can't figure out a good place for it!) I think it's a great reward, and I personally loving looking at mine when I am working out at the gym because I think "yeah, I got this" and sometimes there is nothing more powerful to accessorize with than some ink and a smile. Just make sure it's something you can be proud of and love 10 years from now (and longer, obviously). I don't think they hurt that bad, but then again I kind of like that pain and do find them addicting! Have an idea and any good tattoo artist can help sketch something if you give them some basis to work from. Have fun with it and good luck!
  • volbal4me
    volbal4me Posts: 16
    Options
    I have one so far and it is on my shoulder and something that represents me. I'm however getting another one done within the next couple weeks and it will be on my calf but it is honor of my mom who passed at the beginning of this year. I have never thought of getting one to represent health or a goal, but like several people have stated they are addicting.
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I have (3) on my back - 1 on each shoulder and 1 on the lower back. They are addicting and that temporary kind of pain.

A very good kind of reward. One of mine is the Chinese symbol for "Beautiful" - a reminder to me that no matter what size I am - I am always beautiful.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    1. How do you quote PART of a quote? I have only been able to figure out how to quote the whole thing?

Just delete the part you don't want to quote - and leave the bracketed "/quote" part at the end :)
  • Bon180
    Bon180 Posts: 26
    Options
    I wanted one sense I was 18. I lost 60 lbs 3 years ago and reached my goal. My reward was my tattoo. I've gained back 20 and am here to loose it again...So, I think its a good idea. Not to mention when you look at it, it will remind you to keep on track.
  • tigersgirl
    tigersgirl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i have one on the top of my foot, and i am planning on another one in memory of my dad who passed away feb1- that one will go on my back. they are addicting but i will stop at 2. also, i think any good tattoo place will help you decide what and how you want it to look
  • ssmom
    ssmom Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    good idea. I want a new one that incorporates my kids but didn't know what to get. the birthstone colors is something to go with. thanks!
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have six tattoos. I already know exactly what I want for my next one that I'll be putting between my shoulder blades. I was going to do it soon but I've pretty much decided to wait until my back looks awesomer. Yes, awesomer..cuz I'm already pretty awesome.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Havent thought about its kind of scary to me . My friend and here daughter got matching hearts on their 2nd toe. My daughter and I are going to get the Olympic rings on our ankles when she makes Team USA in 2012.

How awesome! Your daughter is going to make the Olympic team!!! Love the idea of you two sharing those "rings" together!

She just went to Guatamala today for the Pan Ams She a weight lifter her weight class is 75 kilos so far she #1 in the nation she lifts on the 30th
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Pretty soon im going to get eh Bee that is my avatar on my left ankle.

I always thought a good one for weight loss is a woman on your arm, because if you gain weight and your arms get fatter, the tatoo stretches and she gets fatter aswell :laugh: she will also lose when you do!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Me and hubby had both been talking about this lately. ...I have a long journey but i think i want something when i reach my goal several years i am sure from now.

Not sure what we get
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

2. I am thinking (I HATE this term b/c I am not a tramp) but a tramp stamp! Seems to be universal and easy enough to hide/show. I don't know for sure yet.

That's where I got my 2nd one and I was much smaller when I got it. I didn't think it hurt much until they got to the bone. That hurt. And it takes forever depending how big it is. I definitely would not reccomend feet. It hurts, takes forever and then your feet swell up like you wouldn't believe. Since I have gained weight the tattoo didn't really stretch but you could tell how much smaller I was when I got it! :laugh: The easiest one I have to cover up is one about the size of a $1 coin on the inside of my ankle. Can cover with a band aid if needed.
  • klt1030
    klt1030 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have one ( I'm addicted -never in a million years did I ever think I would be ). I know what my next one will be, and it's sorta weight related, a milestone of sorts if you will - the 50 pound mark. I do plan on getting a third one once I reach my goal... right now I'm thinking a butterfly at the base of my neck.
  • buddazmami
    buddazmami Posts: 10
    Options
    Just a simple suggestion. Find something that symbolizes your growth and You. Remember it's going to be with you forever. :smile: Now I am just starting out with my weight loss on this site but have lost 30lbs already on my own. When I started to feel and see a change in myself last year I got my 7th tatoo. It was a butterfly on my foot. It symbolized the catapillar turning into a beautiful butterfly for me! I finally felt free. And it is my favorite tat of ALL! When I finish my journey I plan on getting another butterfly tat but somewhere else. So good luck with your choice.
  • RhondaCrombie
    RhondaCrombie Posts: 292
    Options
    I have 4 already, but I would LOVE to get one for weight loss. I have thought of getting a bike, something to do with biking or spinning since so much of my exercise focus is in that arena.
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to look it up right now, but when I was looking at getting a tattoo recently I found a website that listed the 'meaning' of hundreds of tattoo's (dragons can symbolizes any of these 4 things, roses these 3 things, etc) so I went through and found the 'words' I wanted sybolized, found clip art of the different styles of tattooing (tribal, etc) that I liked, and then came up with the general layout etc and plan on going in to have a tattoo artist polish it up for me, make suggestions etc.
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    I have 3 already, but I am getting another one in memory of my dad .. haven't thought about a weight loss one .. still have too far to go! But that is a really great idea. I would get the chinese symbol for "strength" .. or something like that.
  • ccgisme
    ccgisme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I definitely want one but have a) no idea what and b) no idea where. I work in academia, which is a pretty forgiving environment (at least at my big uber-liberal institution), but I do want the ability to cover it up.

Does anyone know if it's safe to tattoo over moles? I'm pretty mole-y, so that might be a challenge.

I've half jokingly said that I'm going to fly to LA to have Kat Von D do my tat.

Someone should consider a related topic where people can post pics (or links to pics) of their reward tats - sounds to me like even if the image doesn't have anything to do with weight loss, most of us are waiting until we are the right weight to pull the trigger! :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!