Walk / Bike to Disney World / Land Chalenge!!!

Options
Starting in March, pick your destination, and walk OR BIKE to one of the happiest places on Earth.......

This challenge has no defined end date.... Just walk until you have walked enough miles to get the Disney World or Disney Land..... Post your miles as you go, or post them weekly or monthly.....

OK, so I decided to go to Disney World, seeing as I am on the east coast.... from my house to Disney World is 1021 miles...... I am "guesstimating" this will take 3 -4 months....

This starts on March 1st, and it goes until you reach your destination.... People can come and go as they please, but the end results should be that you arrive at your chosen destination.....

You can actually walk outside, on a treadmill, or ride a bike, stationary, or real......

Just get there! :)

Join me / us.....

And stupid me..... I spelled challenge wrong..... maybe a mod could fix it?

Replies

• ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    This sounds interesting :) I like it
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    This sounds interesting :) I like it

Based on the responses, not all that interesting. :)
  • nmf062174
    nmf062174 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Let me think about thsi-come summer when my kids are in a million sports my workout totally changes.
  • motown13
    Options
    bumping
  • MooseKnuckle5
    Options
    Is it fair that I live only 20 miles from Disney World? Lol
  • sethysgirl
    Options
    I think it is an Awesome idea. I have always wanted to go back to the San Diego Zoo....so I will have 1,099 miles to walk (I live outside of Portland). I think I could get that many miles logged. :-)
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm in the midwest so this should be a really interesting challenge for me :)

Bumping!
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun! It's only 320 miles to Disney from my house, so I'll walk there and back. Are you going to create a group to post our mileage in?
  • BluNinjaneer
    BluNinjaneer Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am down with this. I currently live 1,375 road miles from Disney World (and 1,374 road miles from Disneyland), so it may take me a very long time to get there, but I'll get there eventually!! *grin*

I agree about the group formation - I'd love to see how others are doing on this.
  • motown13
    Options
    Sounds fun! It's only 320 miles to Disney from my house, so I'll walk there and back. Are you going to create a group to post our mileage in?

I had not thought of that, but it sounds like a good idea, so yes, I will.
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    i'm in! Mapquest wouldn't give me a walking route to Disney World, but driving from MI is 1181 miles... so, starting March 1, at 20 miles a week... good thing i'm training for a half-marathon :)
  • motown13
    Options
    i'm in! Mapquest wouldn't give me a walking route to Disney World, but driving from MI is 1181 miles... so, starting March 1, at 20 miles a week... good thing i'm training for a half-marathon :)

That's what is cool about this.... no defined end date, just defined mileage.... I figure a couple of days a week at 3 - 4 miles a day, plus a day or 2 a week of biking at 10 - 20 miles per day..... I predict about 4 months for myself....

Just start when you want, but "officially" we will start on March 1st.
  • motown13
    Options
    Daily Bump
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    This sounds like an interesting challenge, I feel it might take me a bit longer than most of you as I live in England, the original one not the New one :laugh:

Given a distance of 4543 Miles, I think I might have flown there a couple of times by the time I complete :happy: or I could use my Cousins address where I usually stay when I am in America and that is a mere 886 Miles :wink:

Andy
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm in and it's 1,596 miles (per map quest).
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I just posted that I had walked 1000 miles according to my fitbit since April 18 of last year....this would get me almost to Orlando from home....I posted that I actually walked from home to DAllas, Texas as it was the closest to my 1000 mile mark...it made me a happy camper to be able to share that with all my MFP friends...
    :happy:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Count me in too ..... sounds like fun !

I'll walk & bike from New York to Florida ...... it's 969 miles, but making it an even 1,000 miles (easier to remember)

Best of luck to y'all !
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Count me in too ..... sounds like fun !

I'll walk & bike from New York to Florida ...... it's 969 miles, but making it an even 1,000 miles (easier to remember)

Best of luck to y'all !

See you along the way - I'm leaving from NY also but I'm stopping off at Legoland in Orlando at the request of my great-nephew!
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the group too! I will figure out my requiredileage and report back later :)
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    we drove from NJ to Disney world in november.....crazy trip, about 2100 miles there and back. We're getting an exercise Bike/Elliptical on tuesday, so I guess I will Bike my way back to Disney world. :)

From here to Disney world is like 1100 miles...or so, but I guess I'll make it an even 1000?