Being RUDE is NOT giving support!

Options
If im not mistaken, i thought this was supposed to be a site for support and motivation? I have a topic i just posted in one of the boards and....i cant for the life of me....why when someone asks a general help question, there is always one person who feels the need to be ruse and nasty about a comment. I dont get it. I am already feeling discouraged and this did not help one bit....UGH!

Replies

• Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Ignore it and move on....simple
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i tend to disagree, it is what it is,,,,, honesty hurts.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Ignore it....it's just the internet...geeez
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I didn't see anyone being rude.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    support & motivation mean different things to different people.
  • GrandmaInTraining
    Options
    For me it's hard not to take things personally. It's especially true if you are struggling and don't have much support at home. My advice: connect with someone who doesn't have that attitude. Good luck on your journey!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    1. It's a site for calorie counting. Not support. Too many people think support means "tell me everything I do is right."

2. If only one person was negative you're lucky. Ignore them. Not everyone in life is nice.

But I've got a feeling you just took my frank and honest advice as more rudeness anyway so...
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Some people suck tell them to F off and listen to the people that are being helpful. If I got upset over every time someone was an *kitten* to me over the internet I would never be happy.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I SUPPORT YOU AND EVERYTHING YOU DO!!!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    1. It's a site for calorie counting. Not support. Too many people think support means "tell me everything I do is right."

2. If only one person was negative you're lucky. Ignore them. Not everyone in life is nice.

But I've got a feeling you just took my frank and honest advice as more rudeness anyway so...

Stop being rude and mean!
  • TempoChiarisce26
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments. And you all are absolutely right. I need to not pay attention to the negative nelly's out there! And yes, sometimes people do think that by giving negative comments, it will make someone strive harder.... thats not me tho! I just needed to vent...so thanks for listening to me ***** and complain. I just need to suck it up and keep on truckin' :)
  • shunyata13
    shunyata13 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    When people use a fictitious name they tend to be more rude because they don't have anyone to answer or account to. If they have a bad day they like to make yours bad as well - misery loves company. Some might be having issues loosing weight and want others to have problems as well. As the others have said. Ignore and move on. Ask to have members join you as friends and if any give you negative support drop them. You can be told the truth but it can always be worded in a supportive way rather than a rude way.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

tumblr_mbp3miLTsS1qcauxd_zps8fae3175.gif
  • TempoChiarisce26
    Options

Actually i didnt. I think you are right. life is not full of rainbows and butterflys, and i get it! i really do!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

tumblr_mbp3miLTsS1qcauxd_zps8fae3175.gif

This
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    It's okay! You can get past it! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I didn't see anyone being rude.

This. I actually went into your thread.....(expecting it to be about shakeology/BBV/cleanses/paleo/atkins/etc) and was pleasantly surprised when it was not........Then I read through every response. I did not see any rude ones? Perhaps you are being slightly over-sensitive.

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    It's all in the delivery, isn't it? Two people can give essentially the same advice, but one comes across as snarky and condescending, and the other is helpful and supportive.

Use the ignore feature. It feels so good to make the mean disappear!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Gonna try to explain this nicely...... Most people on here aren't rude we're tired of giving advice and being critized for not telling people what they want to here. This inturn causes us to become more ,snappy,shall we say... Also just because you don't like someones advice it doesn't make them rude.....

There are about 5000 versions of this thread currently in circulation and most of them are written because people don't like what they are told ..
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    this is the greatest thread ever...how is that for support?