Being RUDE is NOT giving support!

Options

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    If im not mistaken, i thought this was supposed to be a site for support and motivation? I have a topic i just posted in one of the boards and....i cant for the life of me....why when someone asks a general help question, there is always one person who feels the need to be ruse and nasty about a comment. I dont get it. I am already feeling discouraged and this did not help one bit....UGH!

Welcome to life.

Sometimes people don't interact with each other the way we'd like them to.

My advice would be to it let it ruin your day.
  • TempoChiarisce26
    Options
    Wait wait wait wait. So, this one ended up being a rational conversation where the OP comes away feeling better AND no one is reported? I...no...understand...wh--

ETA :p!sses self; collapses:

LOL I am a very open person. whether someone says something that is "in your face" or are more discreet, i look at everything from all angles. I can totally understand why some people thought i was being sensitve. Once someone brought up the fact that i was just ebing sensitive....i thought "you know what they are right" i dont fight with people. I say whats on my mind and try to look at the situaltion from all points of view. I posted to feel better, not to make myself feel worse. So yes...that did happen...i pissed myself as well when i realized what was happening...your not alone :P

You are a rare one around here. You're gonna do just fine.:flowerforyou:

Thanks Lady :)
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    1. It's a site for calorie counting. Not support. Too many people think support means "tell me everything I do is right."

2. If only one person was negative you're lucky. Ignore them. Not everyone in life is nice.

But I've got a feeling you just took my frank and honest advice as more rudeness anyway so...
    tumblr_mbp3miLTsS1qcauxd_zps8fae3175.gif

This

and i just shot water through my nose.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    ugh, just what we needed. another people are rude thread. can we top it off with a lose vs loose thread too?
  • TempoChiarisce26
    Options
    ugh, just what we needed. another people are rude thread. can we top it off with a lose vs loose thread too?

Just a question....If you are so tired of "people are rude threads" why even bother replying? Just curious...
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Just a question....If you are so tired of "people are rude threads" why even bother replying? Just curious...

Hahahaa.....just another thing you'll need to get used to in these forums!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    If people weren't snarky or sarcastic in a lot of these threads, i don't think i would read as many of them. English is my secondary language to sarcasm, so maybe that's just my cup o' tea.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I prefer rude support. The sweet, kind-hearted kind, the 'just have faith' kind, the awwwwwwwwwww <333 kind or RAH RAH cheerleader kinds of support make me angry and insulted. I need harsh, rude, almost downright insulting support. I don't deserve good job when I'm buckling under my own BS excuses. And even when I do actually do a very good job, I just want chest bumps and pats on the butt from people tackling the same kind of challenges - that know what it is like.

I find sickeningly sweet feedback lacking in information to be both hard on my patience and useless in helping me reach my goals.

So I would appreciate not being told what IS and what IS NOT allowed to be considered support for myself, and that others just take the support they prefer and ignore the stuff that is for the rest of us.

You cannot expect strangers on the internet in a public forum to read your mind ahead of time and correctly guess exactly what kind of motivation you are looking for. That's just not possible.

But you can glance over the stuff that doesn't work for you and just go about your business. It is healthier than posting a message telling people that they have to be motivated and supported the same way you do. That's not very thoughtful or tolerant.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options

Because we are bored!
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Options

I am not who you are quoting, but just because I am tired of a question, doesn't mean the person asking it doesn't deserve an answer, even if the answer is that there are a million other people who feel this way.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Listen darlin, it's the internet. People feel like they can be rude *explicit word that I can no longer post due to the guidelines being updated that state you can't use symbols and characters to create explicit words*

says the beer drinking cat....

note to self - never trust a beer drinking cat...
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options

Cuz the forums are boring me today... YAWN....
  • FTClown
    FTClown Posts: 181
    Options
    I really do not care if someone is being rude, mean or negatve, for IGNORE is my best friend at tmes.

But to those who continue to say this site is not about support and blah blah blah, the following words are copied from the myfitnesspal hom page (you know their ad to bring you in)

"MyFitnessPal is a diet and fitness community built with one purpose in mind: providing you with the tools and support you need to achieve your weight loss goals."

The word support is in their ad, full sentence is "tools and support you need to achieve your weight loss goals." And to me, just like plenty other people the tools and support I need is other people being possitive. Not just saying good job on everything, but you know being possitive and generally supportive of on another
    So to whoever thinks this site is not about support, please read the cover messag.... oh an READ THE NAME OF THE SECTION THIS THREAD IS ON "Motivation and Support"

--- About this topic again, ignore them, come on the foums and rant/vent it out so you wont dwell on those losers, and once youget it out of your system, make new friends who will be supportive.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    If im not mistaken, i thought this was supposed to be a site for support and motivation? I have a topic i just posted in one of the boards and....i cant for the life of me....why when someone asks a general help question, there is always one person who feels the need to be ruse and nasty about a comment. I dont get it. I am already feeling discouraged and this did not help one bit....UGH!

Please be more specific about what you consider "giving support" and what you consider "being rude". Multiple examples for each category would be helpful.

I read your entire other thread, and I did not see anybody being rude. I saw one or two people giving specific feedback to your question that might be interpreted as having been delivered in a brusque manner, but I would not consider those replies as rude.
  • Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Generic, but strongly worded, comment based on the title alone. Snarky rebuttal to newest comment that can be seen at the bottom of my screen as I write this.

Personal opinion that has very little to do with the point of the thread. Comment that makes it apparent I didn't read any other comments and don't really care.

***Glad the OP is feeling better about the situation, though. I've butted heads with a few people on MFP, just like we all do IRL. :smile:
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I really do not care if someone is being rude, mean or negatve, for IGNORE is my best friend at tmes.

But to those who continue to say this site is not about support and blah blah blah, the following words are copied from the myfitnesspal hom page (you know their ad to bring you in)

"MyFitnessPal is a diet and fitness community built with one purpose in mind: providing you with the tools and support you need to achieve your weight loss goals."

The word support is in their ad, full sentence is "tools and support you need to achieve your weight loss goals." And to me, just like plenty other people the tools and support I need is other people being possitive. Not just saying good job on everything, but you know being possitive and generally supportive of on another
    So to whoever thinks this site is not about support, please read the cover messag.... oh an READ THE NAME OF THE SECTION THIS THREAD IS ON "Motivation and Support"

--- About this topic again, ignore them, come on the foums and rant/vent it out so you wont dwell on those losers, and once youget it out of your system, make new friends who will be supportive.

This thread is on the Motivation and Support section because it is, indeed about motivation and support, but the original thread that the OP was unhappy about was in the "general weight loss help" section. If somebody posted a public plea for help & I thought they were doing something wrong, it would be extremely unhelpful for me to NOT say something.

BTW, kudos to the OP for reconsidering her opinion.
  • FTClown
    FTClown Posts: 181
    Options

This thread is on the Motivation and Support section because it is, indeed about motivation and support, but the original thread that the OP was unhappy about was in the "general weight loss help" section. If somebody posted a public plea for help & I thought they were doing something wrong, it would be extremely unhelpful for me to NOT say something.

BTW, kudos to the OP for reconsidering her opinion.

I am aware of where her orginal thead was and where this one is, please read my words carefully. I was speaking to people who claim MyFitnessPal is not about support, hn indeed it is and they need to learn that.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Options
    I prefer rude support. The sweet, kind-hearted kind, the 'just have faith' kind, the awwwwwwwwwww <333 kind or RAH RAH cheerleader kinds of support make me angry and insulted. I need harsh, rude, almost downright insulting support. I don't deserve good job when I'm buckling under my own BS excuses. And even when I do actually do a very good job, I just want chest bumps and pats on the butt from people tackling the same kind of challenges - that know what it is like.

I find sickeningly sweet feedback lacking in information to be both hard on my patience and useless in helping me reach my goals.

So I would appreciate not being told what IS and what IS NOT allowed to be considered support for myself, and that others just take the support they prefer and ignore the stuff that is for the rest of us.

You cannot expect strangers on the internet in a public forum to read your mind ahead of time and correctly guess exactly what kind of motivation you are looking for. That's just not possible.

But you can glance over the stuff that doesn't work for you and just go about your business. It is healthier than posting a message telling people that they have to be motivated and supported the same way you do. That's not very thoughtful or tolerant.

my apologies, I just saw that she reconsidered. carry on.
  • tif83
    tif83 Posts: 85 Member
    Options

i am feeling frustated at this today, too. i have wanted to join in on so many threads and enjoy reading them to try and stay upbeat and keep my motivation, but i get scared to comment b/c some people are so nasty. i finally posted a thread and someone said something completely unhelpful and i kinda just went off on them a little. over-reaction on my part, but i'm so sick of it. anyway, i agree w/ what others have said about ignoring, but trust that i know that is hard to do sometimes. it gets to u! hang in there. feel free to friend me- i love giving support and have really come to appreciate my MFP friends.