How much weight should I lose? PICS

Options
15? 20? 25? 30? (pounds that is...) I know this bikini is too tight and I look soft and pale, but bear with me. :cry:

My initial goal is lose 15 and tone up but I was just wanting an opinion on whether or not 15 is too little!

rk4vhy.jpg

30x74hc.jpg

Replies

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    None, you look lovely as you are
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    You need to lose what you feel is best and still being/feeling healthy.

Honestly I can see where you *could* lose 15lbs, but you also look just fine as is. Maybe lose 10lbs and tighten up and go from there. Fitness goals are forever changing. And weight will change and look different depending on body fat.

Find a short term goal and adjust accordingly once you get there.
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    rk4vhy.jpg
  • Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Forget "weight" and build some muscle. I suspect you'll love the results.
  • imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I won't tell you that you don't need to lose weight (even though thats my opinion lol :)) but I will tell you that I think you should focus on strength training first and try not to focus on a specific number. It looks like you are at a pretty good weight so there may not be much you can actually lose. It really all depends on your goals though.
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    First of all I think that you will have better results with strength training than losing weight. With that said if you can lose weight and build muscle at the same I would say aim at losing 5-10 lbs and nothing more. Also do yourself a favor and don't wear those super padded Victoria's Secret bikini. I know what they are because I bought some online. They don't stay on well and from what I can see sits lower than where they should. Add water into the picture and it will look faker than ever.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    You don't need to lose anything.

If you aren't happy with how your body looks, eat at a slight surplus and lift HEAVY weights. Build some muscle.
  • mbreed75
    mbreed75 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'll take another approach, just to satisfy the question. 20lbs.
    But really, you look good.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

^^This.

Your weight is fine.
  • harric88
    harric88 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    NOTHING!!! Just tone you have an amazing figure!!! x
  • LisaGod85
    LisaGod85 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I agree - build some muscle and you will likely like the results much better!
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    None... you have an amazing body!
  • papayamischief
    papayamischief Posts: 7 Member
    Options

^^This.

Your weight is fine.

^^ Both of you. Perfect. Just "tone up", and I think you'll be happy. Forget about your weight.
    And for the record, I think you're lovely the way you are
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options

^ exactly what this smart man said.
  • squashyhelen
    squashyhelen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    If you lose JUST fat and maintain muscle (or even add a few) - 5 pounds will change your shape entirely. But you have to put in the hard work necessary to actually maintain your muscle and lose just the fat.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    What do you want to look like when you're done?

I'd say less than 10 if you started lifting heavy weights.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Girl, I would kill for that body. Sheesh. If anything, don't worry about a specific number of pounds to lose, instead do some weight training to tone up. The actual number on the scale might even go UP, but you'll tighten up. I think that's probably the look you are going for.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options

This... lift weights!
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Okay well since you wanted an actual response (giving the benefit of the doubt and assuming that you weren't just looking for praise or something) I would say that while you appear to be a healthy weight now, if you are unhappy with your body go ahead and try to lose 10-15 pounds and see if you feel happy. For me at 5'8" 15 lbs is about one pants size. Provided it keeps you in a healthy weight range there's nothing wrong with that! I agree with many others that building some muscle might give you the results you want absent a big change in the scale.

I can really understand the whole being somewhere in- or close to- a healthy weight range but wanting to lose fat. A very polite and kind woman messaged me on my first day on MFP and proclaimed that I absolutely did not need to lose weight. I appreciated the gesture but at the time I was 5 pounds "overweight" and 15 pounds higher than where my doctor suggested I be and at least 20 pounds higher than what I want to be. The wonderful thing about our bodies is (to an extent) WE get to control what they look like, so as long as the look you want is in a healthy range I say go for it! Since you are thin already, you may be very happy with the results after only ten pounds. :)

Good luck!
  • melissam226
    Options
    I'd kill for your body. Just sayin'.

The correct question is "how much FAT should I lose?" If you build muscle, you may look better but you might weigh more.