help!!

Options
i have put my details in and it says i should eat 1770 calories a day (quite a lot) do i need to eat all these calories? i have 700 cals left to eat tonight.
i work out 3 times a week with walking inbetween. my exercise is very hard. im doing interval training. considering i have done this for 7 and half weeks i expected to lose quite a lot of weight by now but i have only lost 5 pound and gained a size. quite upset as i have tried really hard and considering i need to lose 6st i expected a bit more weight loss and at least a dress size smaller not bigger.

What am i doing wrong? please help

p.s i drink 2-3 lites water a day

Replies

• fitme35
    Options
    anyone??
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Do you eat back your exercise calories? That number seems like a TDEE number - if it is, do not eat back your exercise calories

i eat 1700 - 1800 a day and lose about .5 pounds per week (but I am in my last 8 or so to go, so it is slower). I weigh 124 and am 42 years old
  • lisa483
    lisa483 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Work out your BMR and TDEE eat 20% less than TDEE and do'nt eat back exercise cals

This is a good website to workout your numbers

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • kfernald123
    Options
    Hi there,

I think that there is only so much that a computer can calculate when it comes to producing the amount of calories you should each day. For example, in a few fitness books (Jillian Michaels, and Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess) they give you the equation to calculate your daily calorie intake, but say that this is only an estimate to what you should eat. You know your self more then any computer will. If you work out hard, eat the calories they tell you too and aren't seeing great results then maybe you should cut out a few calories.

You can always cut some calories as long as you're not going hungry! Don't starve yourself. Listen to your body and not the urges that you may have to eat and you should be fine.

As for losing 5 pounds I think that is great. 1700 may be the right way to go, but if you would like to lose it quicker I wouldn't think that cutting out a few more calories would be bad as long as you're not starving yourself. Just remember that this isn't going to be a short term process. The more you deprive yourself now, the more likely you are to run back to old ways.

Good luck! :)
  • fitme35
    Options
    i cant eat my exercise cals its too much. this is what i am supposed to eat a day on my mfp i got 500 cals left and i cant eat them. i have never actually gone to the 1700 im lucky to eat 1200 is this wrong? im doing kettlebells and body weight exercises so im burning are 400 calls per 20 mins x
  • fitme35
    Options
    my tdee is 2524 cals so do i take 20% off that
  • fitme35
    Options
    so i should be be eating more than 1700 omfg! im confused!!!
  • fitme35
    Options
    my tdee is actuually 2952 i put my height wrong soz lol thats way too many cals
  • njgirl50
    njgirl50 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    When you entered your figures into MFP, did you put in your exercise and how much you want to lose each week? I don't think you are eating enough - 1000 - 1100 calories a day do not seem to be enough with the exercise you are doing. You should be eating at least 1200 a day, i not your body could think you are trying to starve it & shut your metabolism down. That is just my opinion, but I would check out the web site noted above and see what it says. Good luck
  • fitme35
    Options
    i did all that and it ssays to eat 2300 cals to lose but that just seems too much for me to eat x this was the link the lady gave me on here
  • fitme35
    Options
    mfp told me 1700 cals a day and im struggling on that.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    If you have more than 100# to lose, it is very possible for your TDEE to be close to 3000 if you're an active person. But remember, all the BMR and TDEE calculators are just best guesses.

What is your BMR? Many people here will tell you to eat that, plus some of your exercise calories, every day.
  • fitme35
    Options
    my bmr is 1904
  • stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Slow down killer....don't focus so hard on exact numbers. The more you do the quicker you will burn yourself out. Log what you eat, balance it out. Eat healthly, excercise and dont gorge you'll be fine. If MFP says 1744 calories....1839 calories isnt going to kill your diet. On the other side eating 1621 isn't going to hurt either. There is no way you can get exact....Do what your body tells you is right, but be mindful of what it's telling you (tired, sore, hungry etc).

Edit:
    Focus on how your clothes feel, take pics, weigh once a week same day/time (morning)
  • fitme35
    Options
    im exercising 3 x a week and walking inbetween as well as running around after a toddler x
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    my bmr is 1904

Many people here will tell you to at least eat that every day. And on the days you work out, eat a little more.
  • fitme35
    Options
    im always tired lately is that a sign?
  • stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    im always tired lately is that a sign?

Get more sleep?
  • fitme35
    Options
    wow im not eating that much!!! i thought i was gaining muscle lol
  • fitme35
    Options
    so eat more and even more when training. just my luck to do things the proper way and get all confused haha