Any tall girl out there who wants to lose 40lbs?

Options
I'm 5'11, and I need to lose 40lbs.... anyone want to be a motivator/friend? my old motivator/workout buddy was my 5'2, 107lbs friend..didn't work out too well and losing weight is hard by yourself.

Replies

• BaileyP3
    BaileyP3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    6 feet and still working on 10-15 lbs and toning. I've been where you are (highest weight was 226) So please feel free to add me. I'm in here every day.
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Ditto, i'm between 5'11 and 6ft and just about about 10-15 to go but my highest was 200. Would love the tall girl support!
  • Anncakes85
    Options
    I'm 6'1 and working on losing 50 lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    6 feet and 38lb in a year, some more to go, and strength training to get into! Add me if you like - I'm an active supporter of my MFP friends
  • babyshroom
    babyshroom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 5'10 and trying to lose 50 lbs and then reassess if I want to lose any more. Down 20 so far, and I'm on MFP every day. I'll send you a friend request, it'd be great to have others who are in a similar boat for motivation.

Anyone else is free to add me too! :)
  • maddeecarter
    Options
    I didn't realize there were so many tall girls on here! This is great!
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Not too tall, just 5'7" (feel free to call me short, my sisters and nieces do) but I need to lose another 60 lbs.
  • virgogirl916
    virgogirl916 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    5'9" trying to lose 20....
  • julibug851234
    julibug851234 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 as well and lost 55 already and working on the last 10-15. You can add me if you want :D
  • juliebmomof3
    juliebmomof3 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am 6ft and I wanna lose about 40 lbs, I need more tall girl friends. It is lonely at the top lol
  • Sabi0603
    Options
    Hey! My name is Sabrina i can be your motivational buddy lol ... im 5'8 i want to loose 40 lbs but when i made this i wrote that i wanted to loose 30 lbs so i dont get dicourage if i dont reach my goal... we can do this together!
  • AshyyMM
    AshyyMM Posts: 131
    Options
    I'm about 5'9ish..looking to lose about 50-60lbs give or take pending on what actually looks "good" on me... :)... Feel free to add me, I do my best to be supportive of all of my friends on here... it makes it easier when we are closer in goals.. :) Good Luck either way (to everyone!!) :)
  • kjjohnson63
    kjjohnson63 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' 3" and went from division-1 basketball player to married/mom and gained about 60 pounds. I've got 35 down, I'd like to take off another 30. Of course my knees are shot, so finding creative ways to burn calories is always... fun? The elliptical is my BFF and still learning how to weight train as someone who is not a full-time athlete. Give me an add!!! I only have 2 friends on here!

28 year old mom of 2 boys (2 and 4) and a full-time teacher.
  • hreu213
    Options
    Hi! :D

I'm Helen, 5'10" and about 15kg (30+lb) to lose.

I'm on here everyday and would love some tall friends! xx
  • Xelace
    Xelace Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi, there! I'm 5'9" and looking to lose about 20kg (45 lbs).
    Basically on here every day and I'd love to get to know people with similar stats.
    Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • CherishQuick
    Options
    Count me in. I'm 5' 9.5 inches...still working on loosing the 40 pounds. Let's be supportive.
  • travel4fun
    travel4fun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and looking to lose another 40 lbs. I've lost 25 so far since August, and I never thought I'd be able to say that! Feel free to add me.
  • tallgirlshelley
    tallgirlshelley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm six foot even. I've been as much as 272 (gasp!) in 2007, down to 198 about a year ago. I was lazy and pitiful and put 35 pounds back on last summer/fall. I'm about half way back down. Have toyed with the idea of actually getting to the "BMI" I'm supposed to be (185ish), but will wait and see how I feel back in ONEderland. I was very happy with myself at 198.

Best of luck!
  • AshyyMM
    AshyyMM Posts: 131
    Options
    Add me! I'm six foot even. I've been as much as 272 (gasp!) in 2007, down to 198 about a year ago. I was lazy and pitiful and put 35 pounds back on last summer/fall. I'm about half way back down. Have toyed with the idea of actually getting to the "BMI" I'm supposed to be (185ish), but will wait and see how I feel back in ONEderland. I was very happy with myself at 198.

Best of luck!

Its interesting reading this..because i was as heavy as 230 when I noticed how "terrible" I looked... I got down as low as 189... got lazy and put it back on... I am at 208ish now...but I was thirlled when I hit 198 the first time...I was like sweet, I shall never go back again...until I thought I could eat whatever the heck I wanted lol..
  • Garrod16
    Garrod16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'10 and need to lose at least 45 lbs.... have had a weight problem all my life. Just want to keep it off once and for all!