How much weight should I lose? PICS

Options

Replies

• jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Forget "weight" and build some muscle. I suspect you'll love the results.

^ exactly what this smart man said.

^^ Yep. Body recomp. Find something heavy (preferably a barbell with plates), pick it up, put it down, repeat. Easy peasy to a rockin' body! :drinker:
  • unicornhug
    unicornhug Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    um yeah- Theres a to of us including myself who would kill for your body.... I think If you're trying to be REALLY tiny... you could lose like 9 pounds and be satisfied.... I think you look fantastic as is.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Just start lifting!!
  • megan_sunshine
    Options
    Thank you!
  • megan_sunshine
    Options
    I really appreciate your opinion.
  • megan_sunshine
    Options
    I will definitely take you up on that advice.
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    Yup yup, push weight. Tone will show you way more positive change than simply trying to lose.
  • megan_sunshine
    Options
    I will really take into account all of your opinions and advice. I agree that I need to tone up, but for now I am still gonna go for losing 15 pounds. Then I'll post another pic when I feel like my hard work has paid off!
  • Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options

I guess you are new here. But when you want to reply to someone you have to click quote instead of "reply" because clicking reply won't let anyone know who you are actually replying to.

Also, another thing is it would probably be helpful if you post your weight and your height. You look good right now but its hard to tell if you are in a healthy weight range just by photos.
  • megan_sunshine
    Options

I guess you are new here. But when you want to reply to someone you have to click quote instead of "reply" because clicking reply won't let anyone know who you are actually replying to.

Also, another thing is it would probably be helpful if you post your weight and your height. You look good right now but its hard to tell if you are in a healthy weight range just by photos.

Oh I'm sorry! I'm 5'4" and weighed 145.1 this morning.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I'll take another approach, just to satisfy the question. 20lbs.
    But really, you look good.
    wow 20lbs! i think no more then 10, but i would be happy to have your body
  • chiselfuture
    chiselfuture Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    For you? However much is healthy and makes you feel comfortable -- but I think you'll find building muscle works better.
    Personally I'd say you look fantastic and don't need to lose an ounce!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I think you look great, but if you want to get lean, some strength training will work great for you combined with controlled calorie intake (20% less than maintenance).

Have a read of http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/how-to-estimate-maintenance-caloric-intake.html

To summarise it, eat: ~11-13 cal/lb of bodyweight.
    For example, person x weigh 155lbs so for fat loss s/he should eat between 1705 (11*155) and 2015 (13*155) calories per day. To be "specific" sheshould eat 20% less than my maintenance which is 2325 (15*155)) so that's 1860 per day.
    Set protein to 1g/lb of weight.
    Set fat to 0.5g/lb of weight.
    Fill the remaining calories with carbs.

Eat the same on ALL days, regardless of whether you are training or not.

Of course, it needs to be adjusted for each individual and this is mainly trial and error. My actual maintenance is about 3100 even though I weigh 157lbs and am 172cm tall.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I'd be willing to bet with a good strength training program, you could tighten up a bit and look the way you want with little or no weight lost at all! You most definitely don't look like you're in need of losing much of anything, however.
  • Happy4lifeHHH
    Happy4lifeHHH Posts: 188 Member
    Options

THIS!!!!!!!!!
  • onlythetancan
    Options
    what are your stats?

I would say do some strengthening to tone up.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options

Oh I'm sorry! I'm 5'4" and weighed 145.1 this morning.

At 5'4" , google told me you should weigh between 115-145. Everyone carries weight differently- light with no muscle isn't going to improve your looks or health much. You have a great natural shape, so I bet if you do some strength training and eat at a slight deficit you'll see the change in look that you are going for.

You don't have a large amount to lose. Don't make the mistake of eating a very low amount of calories. I have been netting 1500 calories (That means I eat 1500 if I do nothing but type all day, and add more food based on the calories I burn doing exercise) and I have been seeing exactly the results I'm looking for: slow weight loss, no hunger, good energy, more definition, smaller measurements, feeling great in my clothes... it is not fast, but I could eat and live this way forever. No suffering, no deprivation.
  • thatjulesgirl
    thatjulesgirl Posts: 200 Member
    Options

This. If you start lifting you probably won't lose any actual 'weight' on the scales, but you'll drop a whole lotta body fat and replace it with muscle to look toned and strong. :)
  • rocky7741
    Options
    You look good IMO
  • j_ringsaker
    j_ringsaker Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    None, you look lovely as you are

Agree! Very much!