Have you been inked and does your ink tell a story?

Options

Replies

• Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Yes and some do have a story, others not so much.
  • Sweatinglikeapigtolooklikeafox
    Options
    I have a cupcake on my right wrist and a cup of tea on my left.
    I grew up reading a lot of Alice in wonderland and was/is my favorite book.
    My next 3 are going to be 2 photoframes with Alice themes throughout and the 3rd a huge bird design on my side
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    I have a full back piece that is very personal to me. It's of two crows. I have a half sleeve in progress that is also very meaningful to me, thought to look at it, it just looks pretty. I also have the word "Shadow" tattooed on my wrist with a Ruby next to it. This one honors my grandparents. My grandpa has always called me shadow because since I was able to walk I followed him around, and still do to this day, (just celebrated his 87th birthday on Sunday. :heart: ). The Ruby is for my grandma, Ruby. :) I also have paw prints that go around my ankle. Those represent all of the rescue work I do with dogs and cats.
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    The second is the Miami Dolphins logo and doesn't really carry any meaning other than it is my favorite team in any sport.

The Dolphins are also my favorite team. :drinker:
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Yes and not so much. Either that or the story is "I like flowers. The end"
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    mine tells a story of a drunken night in vegas when "ManMeat" seemed like an excellent idea for an *kitten* tattoo
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am inked...and yes, my ink tells a story.
  • mystarwillshine
    mystarwillshine Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have four. On the back of my neck is a treble clef with a rose, and 'joy' underneath (I have a music ministry), left upper arm is a butterfly with flowers and BFF has the same. We got them together. Third is my design of a hand signing "I Love You", with hubby's name underneath and our daughter's name on the top. This was the first sign our daughter learned (she was brain-injured at birth). Last tattoo is made of different color awareness ribbons, designed as a flower, with a stem. Each of the awareness ribbons stand for family and friends. Working on designing my next one for my parents who have passed away.
  • rciszek
    rciszek Posts: 134
    Options
    I have four of them and they all have stories, I wouldn't put one on me that didn't have meaning. If it's going to be permanent it has to have a lifetime reason...I have my football team (Buffalo Bills) on my chest, hidden for work purpose. I have on my arm a sunflower (favorite flower) with my boys name enbraided into the stem.. My ankle is a gorgeous butterfly with a chain going around my ankle as a symbol that I'm a free spirit that is tied to this world, to keep me grounded (hence ankle), and on my back I have two ladybugs (one up along my neckline and the other on my shoulder) where I decided that I make my own luck...on a story from my grandmother.
  • oh_em_gee
    Options
    If I get another, it will be the word love in some form, partially inspired by TWLOHA, partially by the love I have for the people in my life
  • cindygretz
    Options
    I have two... a rose with a teardrop coming off of it over a surgery scar... after that surgery they told me I'd never have kids. The rose has since been colored and my son's name added to it (miricles happen and God is Great!)

The second is an Eagle Globe and Anchor with "Marine Mom" above and my son's name below.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I have two tattoos.

The first is a runestone which basically, as has been told to me repeatedly, looks like an elevator up button, but symbolises to me the internal struggle of the self with the self. The constant battle to better oneself. I got it to mark my 40th birthday. It's placed on the front of my left shoulder.

The second, recently done to mark my 50th birthday, is a variation of the Egyptian goddess Bastet in cat form, its both in memory of my mom and due to my love of cats. It, too, is on the front of my shoulder/chest, basically falls just inside my bra strap.

I expect I'll get something to mark reaching a major goal, but nothing in particular has come to me yet.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    «-here ya go. Im.not legally allowed to discuss the story until 2016
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have been. Story is: My best friend and I had "Stevie Nicks" concert tickets. She was playing at the Shoreline Ampitheater. We drove up to the theater, and noticed no cars in the parking lot. And a sign that said the concert had been cancelled. So, my friend said she was taking me to Hait and Ashbury in San Francisco instead. I was like "Cool!" Backtrack a little...... I always teased my Dad and would put on temporary tattoos on my lower back. (I did bellydancing for quite a few years) And tell em they were real tattoos. Soooo back to Hait & Ashbury... There was "Moms Tattoo Shop" I had this money that was supposed to be for my Stevie Nicks Swag... And I had my grandmothers Armenian Cross pendant with me. Sooooo I asked the nice lady to please tattoo my grandmothers cross on my lower back, and to please put some grape leaves surrounding it. (We grew wine, table, & raisin grapes) So this tattoo does have meaning. Its my family religion, a part of my grandma, and a part of what our family business is. Some people call em tramp stamps, I don't really care. I still love mine, and it will give the CNA's something to look at, when they are showering me in the Alzheimers home. Haaah. :laugh: So I saw the Armenian priest in Starbucks, and I told him what I did, and I showed him. And he liked it! :smile:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Not an ink/tattoo/ forced holes on my body sort of person, but if i finish my marathon, I will ink "26.2" on my arm.
  • CrazyAngel908
    CrazyAngel908 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have 4 tattoos - and all of them mean something to me and 3 have a specific story or person they remind me of everyday. I'm contemplating #5 and where I want it -- and yes, it will have a meaning as well. =)
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Yes and yes.

That was easy.

mmhmm
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have one which I catch a lot of crap for, but the people slinging insults have also never taken the time to get to know me.
    My hatchetman tattoo may seem like nonsense to them, but to me it's a reminder of things that I have been through (good and bad) and friends that are always there for me.
  • oh_em_gee
    Options
    24azynb.jpg

My rose
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have 6 tats and they all have meaning to me.