How much should you workout a wk?

Options
I just made a post asking how much people workout a week hours/days, but I guess I would also like to know how often and how much should you work out to have weightloss? I know every one is different, but I was just looking for a general idea. What is working for you?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is 80% nutrition. Yes, working out helps you create a bigger deficit, but, at the end of the day, you can't outtrain a bad diet. So, workout with something you enjoy as often as you can/like.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is 80% nutrition. Yes, working out helps you create a bigger deficit, but, at the end of the day, you can't outtrain a bad diet. So, workout with something you enjoy as often as you can/like.

Agreed. Also, I think 4 to 5 hours per week is plenty if done with sufficient intensity. If you train for an endurance sport it may be more than that. But, there is a rate of diminishing returns. At a certain point, your body needs to recoop and rebuild.
  • CrazyAngel908
    CrazyAngel908 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I try to do some kind of exercise no matter how small every day... Walking, elliptical, sit-ups. 12-min abs, etc... Even if I only spend 10 minutes doing something, it's something that my body wasn't used to before. I'm averaging 1/5-2 lbs weight loss/week with change in diet and moving my butt a little more. LOL Hope this helps!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I average 50 minutes a day, 5 or 6 days a week. Three days I do 30 minutes of weights and 20 minutes of kickboxing or walking, and the other three I run, my average is about 4 miles.

That with eating according to the info this topic has been very effective for me & my goal to lose the fat! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12