Getting my *kitten* kicked :(

Options
I started a Jillian Micheals DVD today and couldn't even get through half of it. Feeling a little discouraged. Have any of you had the same thing happen and if so how do you motivate yourselves to continue?

Replies

• avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Not sure which one you started but I felt the same way when I started 30 day shred.I got motivated to continue by hearing of the results here,on review sites, and by simply wearing looser clothes.
  • Gjallarhorn
    Options
    Starting intense workouts will always serve to kick your *kitten*. intense is a term relative to your level of fitness, but if it kicks your *kitten* you know it's working.
  • BeautifulBetsy
    BeautifulBetsy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just keep trying, if you give up you're only letting yourself down! doesn't matter if it takes you weeks to get through one video, as long as you keep trying
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I just pause it when I need a break, rewind it and do more. took me about 45 mins to do the workout when i first started.
  • shan056
    Options
    Not sure which one you started but I felt the same way when I started 30 day shred.I got motivated to continue by hearing of the results here,on review sites, and by simply wearing looser clothes.

No I was doing a yoga explosion one. Do you like the 30 day shred? has it worked for you? Good idea about looser clothes. I think my dogs getting in my face wasn't helping either :/
  • hiryze
    hiryze Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just did day 2 today and I am in horrible pain but I am going to stick with it. From what I have been told after the first four or five days the soreness gets better. My motivation is that I have lost the bulk of my weight and need to firm things up a bit. I am currently walking like an 80 year old women though ha!
  • FightTheFrump
    FightTheFrump Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I started a Jillian Micheals DVD today and couldn't even get through half of it. Feeling a little discouraged. Have any of you had the same thing happen and if so how do you motivate yourselves to continue?

I did her 30-day shred video and it totally killed me the first day. It gets easier I promise!

My first Bikram yoga class was quite possibly the most challenging, *kitten* kicking thing I've ever done. But now I like it. :)
  • valeriemholden
    valeriemholden Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    OMG, if it's the 30 Day Shred, I know what you mean. I am on day 13 of it today and seriously thought I was going to die the first week. Day 3 was the most sore, I could hardly go down stairs, lol. It DID get better. Today was the third day of level 2 and I'm sore but my endurance has definitely increased. That said, she is insane. She's kickin' my *kitten* too. Stick with it, I feel way better, stronger in just 2 weeks. Good luck.
  • shan056
    Options
    Just keep trying, if you give up you're only letting yourself down! doesn't matter if it takes you weeks to get through one video, as long as you keep trying

Thanks....It's just hard realizing how weak I have become. I used to run track and kick *kitten*. I will stay the path :)
  • ultrahush
    ultrahush Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    same thing happened with me. I find the second days with any of her DVDs to be way easier, just because I was more familiar with the exercises. keep at it... you will impress yourself very soon :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I forget which workout DVD it is, but in one of them Jillian says, "You have no idea how strong you are until you try!". That has stuck with me over the years because it's true! A workout WILL kick your *kitten* when you first start out - it should! If it was easy, it wouldn't be worth it because it wouldn't get you any results.

Keep at it, do the best you can, take a 5-10 second breather if/when you need it, but keep going. You will get stronger, more flexible and your endurance will increase, and it's awesome. :bigsmile:
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I've learned a lot from 30 ds and continue to use what I've learned even now that I'm done. I'm not weighing right now but have lost 3 1/2 inches on my waist.And I love the way my biceps look.

I only made it through ten minutes of the first level the very first time.

The first week is hard but you get stronger every day.I'm ready to try some of the others.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Be proud:). If you did one quarter of it that's 1000 times more exercise than I did sitting on my *kitten* all day:)
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I love 30DS and don't think level 1 is hard at all. Just remember, as long as you are moving, you don't have to keep up with Jillian, just make keeping up with Jillian your goal until you move to the next level!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

No I was doing a yoga explosion one. Do you like the 30 day shred? has it worked for you? Good idea about looser clothes. I think my dogs getting in my face wasn't helping either :/

Any time I do floor stuff the dog thinks I am there to play with her...adds to the challenge!
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred today. I totally got my *kitten* kicked! I wanted to quit but then she said "if you feel like you're dying then watch ____" so I did that and kept going!

day 1: Jillian: Shar:0
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't CHALLENGE you it wont CHANGE you.

I'm on week 8 of P90x, take it one workout at a time.

Do what you can and you will get stronger.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    The first time I did an HIIT workout, I could barely get through it. I got pissed everytime I had to stop and would punch my leg to make myself keep going(bad thing to do, but it worked). I kept at it though and now I'm getting through the entire workout without stopping. My heart is pounding at the end, I'm sweating and I feel great because I didn't quit.
  • mike667grace
    Options
    have had the same experience, i keep motivated by looking at pictures of things i really, really want called a Dream Board. Same thing happens with other areas of "work" like my side business, my career etc
  • shan056
    Options
    Wow Thanks so much everyone for all the positive messages and support. I was feeling really down. I'm going to do the other half of the routine now. I really appreciate the community here. I think that's what has been missing from my other (failed) attempts at getting healthy and losing weight.