Anyone using Wii "Dance Dance Revolution" or "Just Dance"?

Options
jdcole67
jdcole67 Posts: 108 Member
Looking for opinions - anyone out there using either of these Wii games for exercise? I need to change up my workout routine, and thought maybe something like these games might be fun for a change of pace...

Replies

• veganmommy04
    Options
    bump
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I have the wii just dance and love it! (eye of the tiger kicked my butt yesterday). Anyway I use it to change up my walking routine plus different, and more, muscles get used with this! Now I may not do all the moves right , lol, but I just keep moving and doing the best that I can. In between moves, and songs, I just keep jumping/moving around. I did 30 min, of "just dance," yesterday and was sweating and huffing and puffing. I add it as "general dance" under my exercise.
  • jdcole67
    jdcole67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks TracieJ - they look like a lot of fun, and I figured it must be pretty good for working up a sweat!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I have My Fitness Coach (the first one) for Wii and love it. I can pick how long I won't my workout to be and what I want to focus on and it creates individual workouts.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    You bet JD! I am all about trying to do cardio without thinking I am "doing" cardio. I honestly have to say that I am not someone who likes to exercise so I am all about getting it done in some kind of a fun way. Beware, there is only about 20 songs to choose from, so if you get bored and don't like to do the same ones over, you may not want to get it. I just try to make sure I do different ones in each workout. Some of them are QUITE a workout!
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    I have DDR hottest party. It is fun and DEFINITELY gets my HR up.

The only problem is the songs are like 1.5-2 minutes in length so there is a lot of down time ... still great workout though. :)
  • groovegoddess
    Options
    Wi dance is sooooo much fun! My neice lost 15 pounds since she has had it and it's a fun and painless cardio workout! Definitely worth a try!

Enjoy!
  • beccasetsfire
    beccasetsfire Posts: 135
    Options
    Neither of my DDR pads work anymore :-( but I have just dance too I like it a lot but it's kinda too easy for me... :-\
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I prefer Just Dance!!
  • maryld
    maryld Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought the "Just Dance" and just love it!