Husband's cooking is BAD and it's straining our marriage

Options
2»

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    His beef stroganoff just drives me out of the house for DAYS...(shudders at desk).

Well I wouldn't have to beef stroganoff if you would fulfill your marital roles.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    His beef stroganoff just drives me out of the house for DAYS...(shudders at desk).

Well I wouldn't have to beef stroganoff if you would fulfill your marital roles.

WITH THE ATTITUDE...sheesh.

We wouldn't be airing all this dirty laundry if you'd let me cook in the first place...but no, you blamed the two slices of homeade bread that I made for you each day for your gaining 60 pounds in the first month of our marriage.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    How does it feel to be a trollop Cheryl? Airing your junk in public like a STRUMPET?

Or airing your junk anywhere really. I'm pretty sure that's a misdemeanor.

ETA: Well, maybe not in the blue states.
  • _noob_
    Options
    How does it feel to be a trollop Cheryl? Airing your junk in public like a STRUMPET?

singles don't rain for misemeanors...
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options

singles don't rain for misemeanors...

tumblr_lxxclwSEyT1qbbyxzo1_500.gif
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Seriously, he won't let me do any of the cooking even though his creations are usually TERRIBLE. I just sit there playing with my plate and act like I'm not hungry and try to be polite as I can. Some nights I'll call in for pizza during dinner because I'm so HUNGRY from avoiding his food. I tell the delivery guy to dress in UPS clothes to try to hide my intentions, but I know my husband can smell the pizza on my person when I get back.

I track all my food on MFP along with him, and sometimes he checks my phone to see what I've eaten for the day. After the first day he saw I'd tracked some pizza hut pizza and inquired I had to start logging my meals as "quick added calories" to hide it. I just told him it was stuff I was too buzy to log, but wasn't anything bad like wheat or dairy.

I love this man, but I'm afraid of harming his fragile ego (he has mental problems, but I love him anyway) if I just told him that his cooking choices suck. The rest of our lives together is wonderful.

I know JUST BREAK UP!, but what would you do?

Holy ****, man. You win the everything. Applause!
  • _noob_
    Options
    I'm just mad that I wasted the arm wrestling comment without a response. I thought that was funny anyway when it happened here.
  • FightTheFrump
    FightTheFrump Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My brother is vegan; his longtime boyfriend is a hard core meat eater. They respect each other's diet choices and they each make their own food but then sit down and eat together. Can you try making your own food?