I thought exercise was good for you!!!

Options
I did Jillians shed and shredded DVD 4day ago, the next day I was fine and went for a jog on fells. BUT yesterday I was in agony I even had to be put on light dutys at work. Was hoping It would just be for one day as my body recovers..........no cant move today!! how long is this going to go on??

Replies

• Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I just started insanity and OMG I thought I was gonna die yesterday, but it says to just push play, and I did. I was barely moving during the first part of the warm up but once I started moving more, I felt tons better and completed the workout. The pain is good! Embrace it, I know it sucks but its your body changing! you can try to take some Ibprofin if its really bad, but most of the time it's discouraged because if you mask the pain and continue to workout you could get hurt. try Ice and Icy hot. I have been hurting for a week almost now, almost to the point where I cant use the bathroom, my legs shake when I go to sit down! But, honestly, I love the pain.. it hurts so good. I know it'll all be worth it! Hang in there lady! your body is changing for the better!
  • strawberrylola
    strawberrylola Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ok Thanks - I have the leg shake going on!! :frown:
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) it's just your muscles saying what ARE you doing!? - when you do something like the shred or any new exercise which your muscles haven't experienced before - the day after you will be sore, the day after that is worse and the day after that it starts to ease off.

The best thing to do is to keep moving as much as you can - I now it's counter intuitive as you just want to stay on the couch and climbing the stairs seems a mammoth task, but the more you move the quicker it eases off. Stick at the shred it works very well and you will loses inches.

DOMS are good as it is stress in your muscles and it's the repairing of the stresses which will help tone you - so when you get them you know you are doing something good for your body - hang in there, it will ease off and stick at the shred, you won't regret it :)
  • KinuelA
    Options
    Hi there,
    I just started insanity and OMG I thought I was gonna die yesterday, but it says to just push play, and I did. I was barely moving during the first part of the warm up but once I started moving more, I felt tons better and completed the workout. The pain is good! Embrace it, I know it sucks but its your body changing! you can try to take some Ibprofin if its really bad, but most of the time it's discouraged because if you mask the pain and continue to workout you could get hurt. try Ice and Icy hot. I have been hurting for a week almost now, almost to the point where I cant use the bathroom, my legs shake when I go to sit down! But, honestly, I love the pain.. it hurts so good. I know it'll all be worth it! Hang in there lady! your body is changing for the better!

True what is said here...I did Jillian's too & switched to Tiffany' Baxing Babe and for both my body feels like I am 92yrs old I can't move but it is worth it! Don't stop, hang in there & ur muscles will adjust. :wink:
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    You think this is bad? Wait until you decide to start squatting heavy later. :wink:

I thought I was going to die every time I even tried to move my legs when I first started lifting, and at times it would last for days. Now I barely even notice it, and I am moving a lot more weight than I was then.