Boy George's Amazing Slim-Down: No Bread, No Sugar

Options
2»

Replies

• Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I started off losing weight by not eating between meals, and it did work out as 5 hour gaps. I was surprised to find that I just got used to it! The danger point was in the evening - normally I'd eat three meals a day but if I stayed up too late then I'd be ready for another meal about 5 hours after the last! . I still more or less follow this but I'm more lenient on the snacks now that I'm calorie counting as well.

SRH7, I'm another one who eats lightly during the day so that I can have a normal sized meal in the evening! It seems to work for me.
  • Kirijyma
    Options
    Looking awesome there boy George!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Plastic surgery will also do wonders, as well as some great photoshopping.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I started off losing weight by not eating between meals, and it did work out as 5 hour gaps. I was surprised to find that I just got used to it! The danger point was in the evening - normally I'd eat three meals a day but if I stayed up too late then I'd be ready for another meal about 5 hours after the last! . I still more or less follow this but I'm more lenient on the snacks now that I'm calorie counting as well.

SRH7, I'm another one who eats lightly during the day so that I can have a normal sized meal in the evening! It seems to work for me.

You know, I spent years forcing breakfast down and doing the three-meals-a-day-with-two-snacks thing as I thought it was the healthiest option and just gradually put more and more weight on. I've learned that it's so important to ignore what's right for other people (and regimented diet plans) and now just listen to my body.

As a teenager I often had a microwave baked potato with beans and cheese or bowl of soup for breakfast before school as I hated cereal. I was tall and superskinny (UK Size 8). With hindsight it was a more nutritious option than sugary cereal. I also didn't have a car and walked everywhere. I'm trying to go back to the way I ate and exercised then and it seems to be working.

And now, as an adult, I refuse to give up my big evening meal! And if having dessert means having to eat lightly during the day then so be it.

For info I've lost 8lbs since Christmas using the Roadmap - it really does work!: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    No tea? For a man who once said he'd rather have a cup of tea than sex, maybe he has another secret he's not letting on :laugh:

Seriously, the boy done good.
  • Courtier
    Options
    I haven't eaten bread for 8 weeks and I have lost 26 lbs
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    i love Boy george, I can still remember peoples parents saying 'is he a boy or a girl' :laugh: good on him :smile:

i've done atkins in a past weight loss life and lost 5 stones, put it back on of course! i think exclusion diets are tricky to get right for your health, but perhaps I should have excluded the many thousand choc digestive bics that have made me a fatty :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: they were nice tho :laugh:
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    No tea? For a man who once said he'd rather have a cup of tea than sex, maybe he has another secret he's not letting on :laugh:

Seriously, the boy done good.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    I haven't eaten bread for 8 weeks and I have lost 26 lbs

bloomin brilliant!!!! :heart:
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    I eat a ton of bread and sugar. I must be doing it wrong:grumble:

Yeah, that's probably why you're struggling with the definition there, chubster. Get off the bread, lard-boy, and it'll make a real man of you.

*edited to add, just in case the sarcasm meter is broken, this is a joke. Please don't twist off my head and use it as a soccer ball.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!