Overthinkers Anonymous

Options

Replies

• pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Oh god, me! I actually have been diagnosed with OCD officially, but even outside of that, I overthink even the simplest situations. It's exhausting. Shut up, brain!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I used to overthink stuff because of anxiety but I started taking pills and . . . what was I saying? Ooh let's go lift weights!
  • Bdmiller42
    Options
    I used to overthink stuff because of anxiety but I started taking pills and . . . what was I saying? Ooh let's go lift weights!

Same here! I had to drop the meds tho I called it my autopilot.I'd go whole day and be unsure what Ive done.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I'm more of an overdrinker
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Despite my posting history I'd like to check in here.

I deal with it using a cunning combination of cognitive behavioral therapy, meditation, selected application of various philosophical ideas and a shed load of red wine. ;)
  • Bdmiller42
    Options
    meditation and the occasional illegal bowl does it for me.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm def. an overthinker.. Esp when it comes to relationships.

Drives me crazy!
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    All day...every day.

My overthinking is the mental equivalent of beating a dead horse...and I'll roll that horse over and beat the other side too, for good measure!

What helps? Sometimes yoga...sometimes dancing, the music will take over my head for a while...sometimes writing/journaling.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I go through life without putting too much thought into it. If it's important for me to be aware of, my wife will inform me.
  • northfresh
    Options
    Okay..YES i am an overthinker...I have bipolar disorder...I do all my heavy thinking as I am trying to fall asleep to sometimes sends me into a manic episode where I don't sleep and my mind races for days at a time..it is very inconvenient...as far as fixing it...lots of medication :)

I am also diagnosed bipolar and understand the manic episodes. But I prefer the non-medicated route, just trying to work with myself and others through it. Like someone else in the thread mentioned I'd like to avoid the 'autopilot' feeling. Sometimes when something is nagging at your mind it needs to be changed... but sometimes its just the over thinking process lol.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I often times obsess over small, irrelevant details and get stuck in my head. Sometimes it makes me anxious, snippy, and depressed.

My life. Seriously. Makes me an incredible project manager, but really wastes a lot of energy too.
  • ijavagypsy
    Options
    Well, sort of anonymous. (:

Hi, my name is Brandi and I'm an overthinker. (Hi Brandi!)

I often times obsess over small, irrelevant details and get stuck in my head. Sometimes it makes me anxious, snippy, and depressed.

Is anyone else here an overthinker? How do you deal with it? How do you pull yourself out of an overthought funk?

Do you think alone? Do you find yourself needing a think first thing in the morning? Are all of your thoughts focused on when and where you're getting your next think? Get help!!!!! :laugh:
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm an overthinker for sure - depression and anxiety...on medication :cry:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

What kind of pills? are they OTC? What are the side effects? Will it kill me? Will people think less of me if I go on them? What will I do if they do? How will I know?

Do I need to log the calories of these pills? Are there a lot of calories in them? Is there a nutritional content disclosure on the bottle?

Do they have pregnant horse pee in them? Will they make me bulky? I don't wanna look like Taunto (aka Hulk). Will I be forced to to change my diet to accommodate these into my life?

Do they help?

ETA: why can't I post without typos? Am I defective? I do QA for a living, but can't catch typos? Will I get fired? OMG I'm on here way too much, that may make me get fired, do they know? Am I being watched?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Overthinking things. It's what I do.
  • Countryboy_
    Options

Is anyone else here an overthinker? How do you deal with it? How do you pull yourself out of an overthought funk?

I can't for the life of me decide whether I should post a reply or not. Maybe tomorrow.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

You mean I don't have OCD?!?! I'm just an overthinker? and that's what is causing the stress and anxiety in my life? *kicks rocks*
  • __stacyb
    __stacyb Posts: 306
    Options
    I'm an overthinker at night when I'm trying to fall asleep, it sucks
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I'm an overthinker at night when I'm trying to fall asleep, it sucks

I find that if you stop sleeping. You don't have that problem any more... eventually you get to the point where you are soo tired that you fall asleep mid sentan......
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Overthinking things...Always. Wish there was an "off" button.