Maybe I'm being dramatic but...

Options
2»

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    My comfort food is red wine and it can be made lighter by eating less during the day.
  • ThinAgain46
    Options
    Mac'n'cheese like we had in school lunches! With crispy breadcrumbs on top. You can't make it low cal. No way. It's a once a year splurge you just have to do.
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    For those of us in the UK, or maybe just me, what is a "pierogies"?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pierogie

D***.
    Interesting. I didn't realize showing someone the ease of using a search engine resulted in being insulted. So I guess I shouldn't show you how to convert an IPv4 address from degrees to binary?
  • bluefish49
    bluefish49 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    MMMMMMMM.....Pierogies ! Fried in Butter. And Golubki. With Paczki for dessert. Polish comfort foods, made by Grandma, who came over on the boat. No wonder I'm fat!

Pierogies are a Polish food - kind of like a ravioli, but hand made. They can be filled with anything, but tradition is potato-based. In our household we also used to make pierogies from the refrigerator left-overs. Any meat, vegetable combo will do.

Golubki are cabbage rolls. Paczi are heavy dough fried and filled with jelly.

Ohhhhhh - just saw we were supposed to suggest how to make them lighter. Probably not gonna happen with pierogies or paczki.
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    my favorite is chili. im near chicago in illinois and its cold and snowy. good crock pot dinner. i can make that pretty low calorie and add turkey.

my favorite naughty one is pizza as well. i did find a wheat self rise crust pepperoni pizza around 200 calories a slice. so i can eat 3 decent size pieces of that for 600 calories. for pizza, that is not too too bad.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

D***.
    Interesting. I didn't realize showing someone the ease of using a search engine resulted in being insulted. So I guess I shouldn't show you how to convert an IPv4 address from degrees to binary?

Well now you know so I guess we've all learned something.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Wiki says it's like Ravioli.... meh, I could live without ravioli.

It's a similar concept, but it's much more... potato-y. Think "mini potato and cheese pie" but with a sort of chewy/doughy, thin crust that's then fried in butter until the crust is crisp.
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options

D***.

Not really. I'll still use lmgtfy, and my day will continue to be amazing. You'll apparently just be bitter all day.
  • TiffersStr1
    TiffersStr1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I googled pierogie images..they look like dumplings (little stuffed pies). I've never had one but they do look delicious.
    :ohwell:
  • ShreddedTweet
    Options
    Wiki says it's like Ravioli.... meh, I could live without ravioli.

It's a similar concept, but it's much more... potato-y. Think "mini potato and cheese pie" but with a sort of chewy/doughy, thin crust that's then fried in butter until the crust is crisp.

Thanks!x In Ireland we have a thing called Boxty, which is a potato cake/ potato bread so I guess one of those filled and fried would be close? That's some serious carb food!
  • bobbie1965
    bobbie1965 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    OmGosh!! Are we aloud to even say oreo!!! Lol just saying; )
  • ShreddedTweet
    Options

D***.

Not really. I'll still use lmgtfy, and my day will continue to be amazing. You'll apparently just be bitter all day.

No, I won't and incidentally nobody is impressed by your basic subnetting or your cynicism. People are having a conversation here. Have a nice Friday.
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Sheppard's Pie - now I make it with ground turkey & cauliflower mashed tatoes... still super awesome!

Blarg... now I need to hit the supermarket :)
  • bobbie1965
    bobbie1965 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Pizzas my favorte food....i make my own now so i know whats going in it..also make my own crust..( salt free) and it taste great not missing out
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    mmm... pierogi... one of the staples of Polish soul food.

My husband's grandmother passed away a few weeks ago, and she had indicated in her papers which local caterer she wanted used for the funeral luncheon. They're commonly known as "the Polish ladies." So there was Polish soul food: kielbasa and kraut, chicken, pierogi, city chicken (veal and pork on a skewer, breaded), meatballs... It was like grandma was in the kitchen again.
  • kb_CG_wife
    kb_CG_wife Posts: 181 Member
    Options

They are basically little noodle "pockets" of mashed potato and normally cheddar cheese, but you can mix the potato with saur kraut or jalepeno peppers.

Here's a link so you can see it. They are freaking amazing!
  • kb_CG_wife
    kb_CG_wife Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My comfort food is red wine and it can be made lighter by eating less during the day.

BUMP