107 lbs down - 342 > 235

Options
Dan_0
Dan_0 Posts: 10 Member
Really apprehensive to do this, but someone SUPER AMAZING convinced me I should because theres a chance it might motivate someone else, so here goes!

I’m 22 and 5’9 - started losing in late August/early September 2012. Highest weight I ever saw on a scale was 342 but very possible I've weighed more than that at some point.

How I did it - The old fashioned way worked for me; drugs and cigarettes obv.

Nah, I just ate a lot less and moved a lot more (that old cliché). On day one I dropped down to 1500 calories and haven't changed since. A few weeks in I started lifting/boxing 3 days a week (T/T/Sat) and did 45 minutes to an hour of cardio 6 days a week (I've been slacking on this lately though and its more like 3 days a week now).

In regards to exercise and motivation to do it, the absolute best thing that happened was having a friend get on board. I've done every single weights session with a friend or two and its undoubtedly the main factor in staying on track. I'm so thankful for them and highly, highly recommend anyone attempting it to find a workout buddy if possible. It makes working out a pleasure rather than a chore. Plus they get fitter and stronger as well - its win win.

My diet is spectacularly boring though. I pretty much eat the same things every day: chicken breast, brown rice (only on heavy workout days), Greek yoghurt, various vegetables (mostly green), milk, fruits and yeah, that’s about it. Of course I've had cheat days and stuff (usually involving alcohol) but I've found sticking to a really boring diet is easy when you start to see results and start feeling amazing. It’s probably not for everyone but yeah.

Even though there’s a long way to go, I’m still super motivated so it’s only a matter of time.

Friend me if you want to! I’m forever alone on MFP and always like talking about nutrition/fitness etc etc.

Obligatory progress pic:

DiJNfiH.png

Replies

• Haylz_ish
    Options
    WOW!! You look crazy good and inspire me to reach my goals :D
  • lazydaydays
    Options
    Fab work well done, don't know how you cope with the same foods everyday though, :)
  • cjaynep
    Options
    Looking great...I'm hoping to lose 100 +, 26ib down now :) Way to go :D
  • Laura013009
    Laura013009 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss! that is amazing and truly inspiring! i am new to MFP, going on 6 weeks now. I agree with one of the other posters i have no clue how you can stick to the same foods, but good for you. That is great that you found something that is apparently working so well for you! That is where I am struggling the most the food choices and getting the exercise in. Thank you for posting hearing success stories help keep me motivated.
  • BlueJue2
    Options
    Kudos to you! You have earned every good word written in these replies! Keep up the great job!
  • gordismami
    Options
    awesome job :) you look amazing
  • Gr82begettingfit
    Options
    Great JOB!!! Keep it up! You might want to add a few more foods to your weekly menu! Have you tried grilled salmon? It is really yummy and it is good for you!
    :smile:
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    wow great job!!!!!!!!!
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    TRULY inspiring! Thank you for sharing, you've done an AMAZING JOB!!!!

Congratulations!
  • seniram845
    seniram845 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! It can be tough to have such a limited diet, but it can be liberating too. No decisions to really make, t just becomes part of the routine
  • dalexander82
    dalexander82 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!
  • JackiePenner
    JackiePenner Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great!!! Well done!
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress! Thank you for sharing your inspiring story!
  • teaspoon43
    teaspoon43 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    you look great! and your friend did the right thing by convincing you to post - I'm inspired
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    An inspiring post! Congratulations.
    Thanks for putting it on!
    :smile:
  • Kamile69
    Options
    you look great! and your friend did the right thing by convincing you to post - I'm inspired

^^^ this! Truly amazing! You have done so extremely well and should be very proud of your hard work! :happy:
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! You look great!
  • MrsHelenC87
    MrsHelenC87 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress pic, you look so much happier as well and hot! You are my today's fitspiration - I wasn't going to exercise but now I am! :)
  • CarlaMarie76
    Options
    Amazing story and thank you so much for sharing as I always find reading others tales of success really helps motivate me so that one day I can provide the inspiration!!
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!