Demotivating myself - Help!

Options
Hey guys,
I really don't know what it is with me, but I just keep demotivating myself.
My new diet as in lifestyle change is going so well - I'm loving the results.
Yet I start to tell me that I'm going to fail, like all the other attempts did.
I'm so scared I will ruin this for myself, really.

Btw - feel free to add me :) I love meeting new people!

Replies

• jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a MFP buddy. I love supporting, motivating and all around cheerleading Pals victories. You're seeing the results and you keep wondering when it's going to stop. It won't if you keep doing the good that you are doing. The results are going to come in some many different ways, you will have to be open to see them. Stay strong, positive and focus and remember this is a lifestyle for a healthy you. Good luck on an awesome journey.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. We all have good and bad days. Just remember, this is a life style change. It's forever. You are doing this to get healthy and fit. Eat clean. Get moving. Good luck.
  • Aleks87
    Options
    I go through the same thing all the time. I have been yo-yo dieting for the past 10 years and I am only 26 years old!!! I started 6 weeks ago and when the numbers on the scale were going down I felt great and now the numbers aren't going down even though I am eating healthy and working out. I feel the same way, like what is the point but I have been pushing through it and hoping that it will pay off in the long run. Don't give up. I come to the message boards to get support and inspiration and it has helped.
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're being self-destructive. That is usually how a lot of us gained weight to begin with, we feed the self-hating, low self esteem, depression. We try and fill the void with food, but it's only temporary joy. You need to find a way to start believing in yourself and all the great things you can accomplish. You are an amazing person with unending courage! How do I know that? Because, you had the courage to start on this journey and that is more than most people will ever do. YOU are in control of what your body looks like and what kind of future you will have. You started on the journey down a long road with many obstacles, but if you keep going your life will change, your mind will change, your health will change, and your potential will be unlimited.

Remind yourself how great you are everyday. Then start believing it.

Every second is a chance to turn your life around.