Salad Dressing?

Options
13»

Replies

• mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Not everyone carries it, but Dorthy Lynch Fat Free is great if you like something like a slightly sweeter, lighter french style dressing.
  • Zuragh
    Zuragh Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I make my own as well. Something like 1 part apple cider vinegar (or red wine vinegar), 3 parts apple cider vinegar and then I add whatever herbs sound good for the day. Sometimes I add lemon juice or mustard. If I am craving something closer to the ranch family, I mix in a tablespoon-ish of plain yogurt. YUM! Good luck.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    t marzettis fat free ranch, it only comes in packets and I haven't seen it anywhere but online but it's sooo good and the plus size to packets is no measuring :)
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I used to love this walnut raspberry low fat dressing at Whole Foods, but with all dressings I tried, the sugar content was so high. I have finally thrown in the towel and use only balsamic vinegar and black pepper. I will indulge and buy a really good one when my Cento and Progresso run out.

I really like the idea of the watered down hummus and the salsa as stated by other posters. I may actually try the hummus one.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I make my own
    2 tables spoons Red Wine Vinegar
    juice of one lemon and one lime freshly squeezed
    1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
    1 teaspoon of Worechester
    2 cloves of garlic minced up
    one pinch of sugar
    5-8 grinds of Garlic Sea Salt grinder thingy
    2 tablespoons of EVOO
    4-6 basil leaves minced very tiny
    a bit of cilantro minced up.
    Whisk it all up. YUM!

This is about 3-4 servings and each serving is about 75 cal
  • blondie_182_182
    blondie_182_182 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Annie's Lite Goddess is my favorite!!
  • msmarion2b
    Options
    Make your own, its really easy and 100 times better for you.
  • LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    pomegranate vinaigrette is one of my favorites. If I can't have this as a dressing I do plain old oil and vinegar with salt, pepper, and minced garlic.
    http://www.winecountrykitchens.com/pomegranate-white-balsamic-vinegar-8.45-oz..html
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I always make my own dressings!! So much healthier!!

Here's a link to a site that has many recipes that are delicious:

http://paleodietlifestyle.com/salad-dressing-and-vinaigrettes/
  • GreenBayDiva
    GreenBayDiva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks yall
  • lisasays
    lisasays Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Annie's red pepper is only 60 calories per 2 TBSP and really good ( and organic). Most of Annies dressings are good and free of additives. Otherwise, i make my own.
  • KristinD1977
    Options
    Huge fan of Bolthouse Farms - no sacrifice on flavor what-so-ever!!! I buy the Balsamic (30 cal, 2 tbs), Ranch & Honey Mustard (45 cal, 2 tbs) and LOVE all 3
  • chriscolh
    chriscolh Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My two go to dressings: Low fat sour cream + salsa for a southwest salad (lettuce, black beans, some corn, chicken strips)
    or
    My "Handful" salad:
    1 handful romaine
    1 handful spinach
    sliced strawberries, craisins, sliced purple onions and chopped almonds. The dressing is 1/3 c. Splenda, 3 TB fresh lemon juice (that's about the amount you get from one lemon), a splash olive oil (maybe 1-2 tsp), and 2 TB apple cider vinegar. Makes a wonderful sweet/tangy dressing.
    Enjoy your salad!
  • daddylawbucks
    daddylawbucks Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Try using Balsamic vinegar flavored with fruit, there are basically no calories or oil or anything, it tastes a bit tart, but good. Someone showed me a bottle at wholefoods, and I'm hooked on it.
  • NatalieHassett
    NatalieHassett Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    For those of you who are using Olive Oil (even extra virgin Olive Oil) you should consider switching to something different. Olive oil is hugely calorific - switch to a low fat vinaigrette instead.
  • Samanthahahaha
    Options
    Some good ideas here, bump for later!
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I use Lite Italian - only about 30 calories per serving (2 tbsp) and I love the way it tastes!
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    The spray bottle salad dressings by wishbone hands down. All flavors. 10 calories.